About Wireless Adapter/PCI Adapter?

Shaunn

Hey all, just made an account and i have a problem, I've been using a wireless USB adapter for awhile now and its about 20-30 meters away from the modem, but since it's so crappy and there are walls in the way and such it disconnects virtually like every 1-5 mins and it's just pissing me off so much i need a new one, when i play games it disconnects and i can't handle it.

So i am going to buy a new one but i was wondering what kind of one should i buy?

Buy one and get it built into the computer or like the one i have now?
And will it stop disconnecting if i get a decent one also?
And what is more stable, a built in one or a USB one?
Also can anyone suggest some decent ones from the price of 80-130$ as im not really sure what brands are good and what aren't.

I really hope someone can help me, Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you are that far away from the router with a bunch of walls and other things in the way, you may have to find a way to run a cable from the router so you can be hardwired in.

Flaring Afro

Yeah, you are going to probably have to go wired if you want a good signal for gaming going that distance through walls. You could run flat ethernet cable under the carpet, they are cheap on amazon. Luckily ethernet can go large distances (328 ft) fine.

blazin8556

i have all linksys equipment. and my laptop pcmcia wireless card would go throught the wall and connect to the router. shoot, we live at the back an apartment complex and i can take the top out to my car and surf the web. the router is enclosed inside of our entertainment center, and the pc with its wireless card is inside of the computer desk cabinet and never have a connection problem. if i do have a problem its comcast's fault. i just had to reset the modem. which i have to do like once a month.