Acer eNetManager trouble

geranimo://

I'm on an Acer Aspire laptop, and the little Wireless button/light keeps on flashing, and I can't seem to find all the available wireless networks, while others can. So now I want to get into the eNetManager, to configure it, but it says "eNM can not start up! No wireless adapter installed or unsupported wireless adapter". I click on OK, and then nothing happens.

What the heck?!

Trizoy

VIP Member
Try to reinstall the driver for the wireless card.. Also make sure it is not disabled.

If possible let windows manage the wireless networks.

Yeah, I got it working, but I still can't find all the available wireless networks while others can.

I'm letting Windows manage the wireless connections.

I also reinstalled the wireless drivers.

*edit: Got it, I just used Intel's own wireless connections tool.

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I know you fixed it, but i had a similar problem with mine and it wouldnt let me connect at all using windows or the intel wireless. Turns out i accidently pressed the orange wifi button on the front, and when you do that the only way to turn it back on is pressing it again.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
I work in an acer repair centre and it turns out that the defualt intel wireless drivers are bug ridden and broken. the new ones sort out these issues as you appear to have found out for yourself :)

[-0MEGA-] said:
I know you fixed it, but i had a similar problem with mine and it wouldnt let me connect at all using windows or the intel wireless. Turns out i accidently pressed the orange wifi button on the front, and when you do that the only way to turn it back on is pressing it again.
Hehe, yeah but I'm not that kind of computer n00b. :D (No offence btw, I've seen how good you are)

I guess it's as Hairy Lee said.