Acer Netbooks?

Cburg

Dear Forum,
I am trying to deceide between the Acer AS1551-4650 and the Acer Aspire AO721-3574. Which will run best? The 1551 is 1.3GHz dual core, and the 0721 is 1.7 Ghz single core. Both have 2G RAM.
Thanks!
Mike
:cool:

flanker

Have no idea about the two ASERs your looking a,t but I bought the ASER e-machine 442-V133 and it's a really nice laptop. bright display built solid, it was only $275US at BestBuy.:)

flanker

Thanks Flank! Is it a dual core? Does it surf the web fast?
Thanks!
Mike

Yes it has a single AMD V140 Processor and it does very well surfing the Web. with just 2 Gb of RAM. It's a very under rated laptop people don't know how good this baby really is. But I noticed BestBuy sold out in one day and I have not heard from their Geek guys about any of them being returned. ;)

chamgamer

Dear Forum,
I am trying to deceide between the Acer AS1551-4650 and the Acer Aspire AO721-3574. Which will run best? The 1551 is 1.3GHz dual core, and the 0721 is 1.7 Ghz single core. Both have 2G RAM.
Thanks!
Mike
:cool:

The RAMs are ok but if your basis is core better choose the single core... why?:confused: because it is much higher than the dual core now if other's may think the dual core is much higher with this reason 1.3GHz + 1.3 GHz = 2.6GHz they're totally wrong!!! if you will going to test the monitor CPU usage if 75% core was in use and only 25% core of the other core was used you still have the equivalent of one CPU core doing nothing. Not unless if your dual core is both 1.7GHz

But the dual core is much faster than a single core processor in a sense that it can execute more instructions per second.

It's up to you now which one will you choose.

Reference:
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5951483_cpu-speed-dual_core-vs_-single.html

speedyink

VIP Member
...uh huh.

I'd go for the dual core 11" Acer. Much more portable than the 15" emachine which will have similar performance, and more powerful than the older single core Acer.

speedyink

VIP Member
But my 15" display sure is pretty. ;)

Well it really depends what you want it for. My 16" 1080p laptop is amazing for videos and such but it's not terribly portable, which is why I have my 9" Asus netbook for taking with me for computer jobs or short trips. Besides, they have the same resolution, it's essentially just a smaller version of your screen.

Last edited: