Admin password....

CuteSniper22

I using dell desktop PC with windows XP home edition. I try to using system recovery but I'm facing a problem now. The problem is that administrator password. I can't access my system recovery without the administrator pass.

I don't think I already get the administrator password since I buy this desktop PC. Even what is adminstrator password, i also don know !! I don't think the DELL company had given me the password....

Any ideas? Is the password is the windows XP product key?

1.How to get administrator password?
2.How I get admin password if i try buy to a new pc? The company will give me the pass ? or i research myself....?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Try no password, that is what Administrator defaults to. I wont tell you how to find the password if there is one but there are utilities to recover passwords. I will tell you the passwords are stored in a file called SAM in Windows\System32\config

Mattu

Do you have a password on your XP user account (like when you first turn on your computer and XP loads do you have to choose your user name and type password)? If so try using it when your system recovery ask you for admin. password.

CuteSniper22

Reset password

Thanks for ur opinion!! But I already know how to reset the password !! what i wan to ask is:

After i reset my admin pass,
1. Will some of my data loss?
2. What is the password after i reset it ? Is it no password?

Last edited:

Mattu

Your data should not be lost except if you reseted your password by creating a new user account in Windows XP. When you reseted your password you didn't type a new one (password) did you. If so that will be your new password.