Alienware

ItlanChode

Anyone ever bought one? I know they're overpriced, but that comes with a custom gaming laptop. I don't mind the price, I just want to know if I'm getting an overpriced heap of crap, or an overpriced well-oiled machine.

And how is their customer support & warranty?

CPTMuller

I've actually heard some pretty bad alienware horror stories. But on the whole their machines are Ok.

bomberboysk

You'll get differing opinions, but they arent that good imo.

If you want a nice gaming notebook get a sager;)

yabayaba

Anyone ever bought one? I know they're overpriced, but that comes with a custom gaming laptop. I don't mind the price, I just want to know if I'm getting an overpriced heap of crap, or an overpriced well-oiled machine.

And how is their customer support & warranty?

my m17 just arrived a few days ago.. VERY happy with it. Really good customer support as well.

MorningWood

I had an M17 built to be $3300. Not worth the money. GTAIV had a max graphic settings at 512mb. I told them to take it back and decided to build my own computer at the same price and GTAIV can now max out at 850mb on my new machine. I wasnt happy with my M17

Their customer support is garbage. I sent it back within the 30 days to have a refund and it got lost in shipping (thanks fedex) I think someone stole it. They found it like 2 weeks later and Alienware kept telling me they wouldnt take it back because it was passed the 30 days, but I sent it out BEFORE the 30 days was up. So I had to go through this whole big issue to tell fedex to tell Alienware it was their fault, blah blah. Big PITA

Last edited:

massahwahl

VIP Member
skip em! lots of better options out there without the heavy price tags. check out the sagers like bomber said.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
There is a kid in my C++ programming class that has one - the typical skinny computer geek. He pulled it out in class one day and turned it on. When we heard the fams we turned around and he had a big smile on his face.

It's the kind of computer geek that buys it to show it off because he thinks because he paid that much it's a good machine. I unfortunately don't know the specs, but I paid $1400 for my Latitude E6500 and it's probably better than his alienware.

Last edited: