AMD, doesn't suck. Right?

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
AMD SUCKS end of discussion lock the thread!
Dude, you suck. Come back with some hard proof for your *ahem* claims.

I suppose, but intel vs amd it's not even a challenge...
And WTH is that supposed to mean? AMD still offers great competition at low- and mid-high-range of CPUs, Intel currently owns the enthusiast market but that's the situation just now. AMD has totally pwn3d Intel in the server market for last 5 years, and even the period since the introduction of Athlons to the introduction of Core2 line AMD has pretty much dominated the gaming/high-end market.

Shees, dude!

AUTOBOOT2000

Dude, you suck. Come back with some hard proof for your *ahem* claims.

And WTH is that supposed to mean? AMD still offers great competition at low- and mid-high-range of CPUs, Intel currently owns the enthusiast market but that's the situation just now. AMD has totally pwn3d Intel in the server market for last 5 years, and even the period since the introduction of Athlons to the introduction of Core2 line AMD has pretty much dominated the gaming/high-end market.

Shees, dude!

Total total denial...

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Total total denial...
That reflects your actions quite perfectly. You come around spewing fanboy bullshit with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to back it up, no evidence, no proof, not one single link to some concrete evidence that AMD sucks. And when your statements have been crushed like your testicles in a car compactor, you totally totally deny it...

Bob Jeffery

lol um which is best is a opinion at this time in computer history. There will be fanboys on both sides, so lets try to resist to make threads like this. :D

AUTOBOOT2000

That reflects your actions quite perfectly. You come around spewing fanboy bullshit with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to back it up, no evidence, no proof, not one single link to some concrete evidence that AMD sucks. And when your statements have been crushed like your testicles in a car compactor, you totally totally deny it...

I own amd and intel processors that's my proof, the intels are in my computers and the amds I use to cook my food and the pieces that exploded off of them I use as paper weights.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
AUTOBOOT2000 reminds my of PC eye without google/wikipeda.
Haha :p

I own amd and intel processors that's my proof, the intels are in my computers and the amds I use to cook my food and the pieces that exploded off of them I use as paper weights.
Maybe if you had the brains to handle them properly... IDK, why on earth have I never had problems with my AMD CPUs? If their CPUs really were that bad, AMD would've gone down under aeons ago. Just because you had bad luck (or bad brains), doesn't mean AMD sucks. There are quite a few people like you who use their Intels to cook food (NetBurst CPUs being especially well-suited for the purpose, your P4 would do a good job there) and the pieces that exploded off them as paperweights, and have AMDs in their computers. There are people who have only had trouble with Intel CPUs. Preference is not the same as fact. I've owned a few WD hard drives (Caviars) and all of them have failed on me - I dislike WDs and prefer Seagate/Samsung, but that doesn't mean I go around spewing bullshit like "0MG N00BS WD SUX END THREED LOL GO CEEGAYT MY WD DIDINT WORK PROPERLY THEY MUST SUX0RZ ROFL!!ONE!!", does it now?

MrBucket

I still have my computer with a 3600+ for like the last 4-5 years, the stock HSF stopped working for what im guessin like 6 months to a year! And its been fine, i think you have no clue what your doing with your AMD's to be honest

lovely?

"0MG N00BS WD SUX END THREED LOL GO CEEGAYT MY WD DIDINT WORK PROPERLY THEY MUST SUX0RZ ROFL!!ONE!!", does it now?

LMAO! :D
I still have my computer with a 3600+ for like the last 4-5 years, the stock HSF stopped working for what im guessin like 6 months to a year! And its been fine, i think you have no clue what your doing with your AMD's to be honest

back in the time of the AMD 3600 (which was a LONG time ago now,) AMD's were the top dog, in a few respects. i had an AMD 3400 at 2.7ghz and it was neither hot nor slow compared to processors made by intel that were up to 1ghz faster! nobody is saying (besides a retard here or there,) that AMD's break, we are saying that their current processor line is not competitive with Intel. hell even their $70 dual cores cant even begin to match intel's...

LMAO! :D

back in the time of the AMD 3600 (which was a LONG time ago now,) AMD's were the top dog, in a few respects. i had an AMD 3400 at 2.7ghz and it was neither hot nor slow compared to processors made by intel that were up to 1ghz faster! nobody is saying (besides a retard here or there,) that AMD's break, we are saying that their current processor line is not competitive with Intel. hell even their $70 dual cores cant even begin to match intel's...

Very good. I like AMD OK but to be perfectly honest unless I am doing a budget build for someone, I'm sure as hell going to use Intel. But that situation may be different in a few years and when Intel's time of glory is over, I will be very sad to have to use AMD for the majority of my high end builds and Intel for the budget builds.

all i can say is the new phenom is going to wee all over the intel i7:)

They may. But concidering how incredibly overpriced Phenoms are, at what cost are they going to be better than the i7.
Reports are that the i7 920 is running circles around the older 9550 Core 2 Quad, and that 9550 is a pretty good processor.... And the phenom 9950 doesn't even come close to the 9550 C2Q.

I really find it hard to believe that the Phenom 2's are going to be better than the Core i7's when the current Phenoms don't even come close to the older generation 9550 or even the Q6600.

Just my opinion but I do not believe the Phenom 2 is going to be what it's cracked up to be.

Twist86

Rumor has it that they've taken the new 45nm Phenom II aka Deneb up to 6.3GHZ on liquid nitrogen cooling. :cool:

http://www.crn.com/hardware/212101254

Reviews but normal people are getting 4.2ghz out of the Deneb....Intel grab your weapons....AMD is bringing the war back and its gonna get ugly :)

Just my opinion but I do not believe the Phenom 2 is going to be what it's cracked up to be.

Well the Phenom 2 is what the original SHOULD have been but they had a lot of issues/problems. I think 09 will belong to AMD if the Deneb is as promising as its so far been claimed to be.

I want AMD to scare Intel again....because when 2 titans go to war we get the benefits of prices/faster processors because they are trying to de-throne/stay on top of the current #1.

Last edited:

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
They may. But concidering how incredibly overpriced Phenoms are, at what cost are they going to be better than the i7.
Overpriced? Where? At least here in Australia I can get a Phenom Quad for around $200 (the ecenomy currently being the way it is that's a steal), whereas the cheapest Intel quad (Q6600) costs anywhere from $300 up to $400 in more expensive shops, Q9xxx series CPUs usually start from around $400. In general, all the Phenoms I've seen are more reasonably priced than their Intel equivalents. I haven't kept up with the US/newegg prices but last time I checked, AMD CPUs very were reasonably priced, especially in the budget sector.

I really find it hard to believe that the Phenom 2's are going to be better than the Core i7's when the current Phenoms don't even come close to the older generation 9550 or even the Q6600.
Performance-wise Phenom II won't beat Core i7, that's for sure, performance/price is the name of the game here. However, Denebs do outperform Yorkfields, so that's some great progress they're making there regardless.

Caminokid

I have always built AMD systems. Lately P4's have been falling in my lap. I do really like that you can OC a AMD to the max.

kesharn81

hi

thanks for sharing the info..

1x1.GIF

1x1.GIF

1x1.GIF