Android On an Ipad 2

techviking

Hi Guys I didn't really know where to put this thread :S my friend was wanting to know if anyone knows of a way to get android OS onto an Ipad 2? does anyone know of any way of doing this?

Thanks,
Techviking

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
If you have an iPad, why would you put Android on it? Don't support Apple if you like Android and get an Android device instead.

massahwahl

VIP Member
I kind of agree. Why would you waste money on an ipad just to put android on it when you could of saved money and got a better piece of hardware with android already on it?

M1kkelZR

yeah same here. But to actually answer the question, it is possible. Just takes alot of time and care so you dont make your iPad an expensive paperweight. Just tell your friend to stay iOS on the iPad, or sell it. For the money you get from selling it you can get a better Android device with exactly the same or better specs

Troncoso

VIP Member
You know guys, he just wants to know if there is a way to accomplish this task, not whether it's something he should do or not.

speedyink

VIP Member
If you want Android you're waaaaay better off just buying an Android device. The only iOS device that's somewhat decently supported is the iPhone 3G, all the newer ones you're pretty much SOL.

That said the release for the 3G is still not viable as a daily driver, There's still lots that doesn't work on it.