any help? Trojan-Downloader.JS.DarDuk.x

Keltharius

So it seems my computer has a virus (not the one I'm posting this on). I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed, and I'm fairly certain it's not out of date, but regardless of this I seem to have gotten a virus (I'm thinking it could be from a Skyrim mod I downloaded, but I doubt it makes a difference). I know next to nothing about computer viruses/trojans and the like, so I'm pretty much helpless as to what I can do about it. The internet on the affected computer isn't working, system restore doesn't work either, and I'm not entirely sure what I can do about it.

Would anyone here know what this trojan is, and more importantly, how to get rid of/stop/quarantine it? Much thanks if you can help! As I said above, I'm incredibly inexperienced with viruses, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Edit: It seems I'll have to go for the night, I hope my thread doesn't die out pitifully while I'm asleep...

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
First, I would need to know the exact issues you are having. Are they fake security software windows popping up saying you are infected? What operating system are you running? Do you have a usb flash drive available? Have you tried booting to safe mode to see if internet works? What i'm getting at here is this, I need to know what you can do and not do, so we can do this. See if you can boot to safe mode and get internet so malwarebytes will update. If not, then you will have to download these programs and put them on a usb flash drive or burn them to a cd and install them on the infected computer, however malwarebytes won't update if no internet.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. Please keep updating until it says you have the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If for some reason Malwarebytes will not install or run please download and run Rkill.scr, Rkill.exe, or Rkill.com. If you are still having issues running rkill then try downloading these renamed versions of the same program.

EXPLORER.EXE
IEXPLORE.EXE
USERINIT.EXE
WINLOGON.EXE

But DO NOT reboot the system and then try installing or running Malwarebytes. If Rkill (which is a black box) appears and then disappears right away or you get a message saying rkill is infected, keep trying to run rkill until it over powers the infection and temporarily kills it. Once a log appears on the screen, you can try running malwarebytes or downloading other programs.

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

When the hijackthis log appears in a notepad file, click on the edit menu, click select all, then click on the edit menu again and click on copy. Come back to your reply and right click on your mouse and click on paste.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log

Keltharius

As far as I can tell there are no fake windows popping up, but there are tons of Kaspersky notification alerts that continue to pop up. I'm not entirely sure if those are fake or not? I'm running Windows 7, and I have several usb flashdrives avaliable. I'm not at home at the moment, but when I get home I'll try to restart my computer and see if I can boot it in safe mode and get the internet to work. Then I'll follow the steps you listed and I'll post the logfile. Thanks for all the help so far!

GaryCantley

I dont like interjecting when John is on the case but one small point.

This "virus" has possibly put a proxy on your internet connection.

Open Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings and if there is a tick in the "Use a proxy server for your LAN", remove it and you should be able to connect to the net.

Keltharius

@GaryCantley: I opened my browser and found what you were talking about, but it wasn't checked, so I don't think that's it.

@johnb35: It's giving me notifications such as "Attention! Black list of key files is missing or corrupted. Please run the update to continue operation." and "Databases are corrupted" popups. Also, one that says the license expires in 338 days, and I should renew the license to keep my protection up to date and all. It looks fairly legitimate though, I must say.

I've put Malwarebytes on the computer via flashdrive and it seems that the internet is working now, so that's good. I was able to update to the lastest version.

This is the logfile for Malwarebytes:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.60.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.02.01.07

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514
Bennett :: BENNETT-PC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

2/1/2012 3:05:00 PM
mbam-log-2012-02-01 (15-05-00).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 179345
Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 12 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 6
HKCR\CLSID\{de4e75d3-60aa-4f02-a0e4-c8a40576574c} (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{DE4E75D3-60AA-4F02-A0E4-C8A40576574C} (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{DE4E75D3-60AA-4F02-A0E4-C8A40576574C} (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{DE4E75D3-60AA-4F02-A0E4-C8A40576574C} (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\facetheme (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\kincjchfokkeneeofpeefomkikfkiedl (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\chromeaddon (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Detected: 10
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\bho_project.dll (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\enable.txt (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\ChromeAddon.pem (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\config.ini (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\facetheme_uninstall.exe (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\status2.txt (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\chromeaddon\._included.js (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\chromeaddon\background.html (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\chromeaddon\included.js (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Object\chromeaddon\manifest.json (PUP.FCTPlugin) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

Also, HijackThis didn't really work, when I choose "Do a system scan and save a logfile" it says "for some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file. If any hijacked domains are in this file, HijackThis may NOT be able to fix this." as well as some stuff on editing the file yourself below it. Is that a big problem or is it not as big of a deal? And once again, (I can't overstate this enough,) but thank you for helping me out with this.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Right click on the hijackthis icon and click on run as. If the run as option doesn't appear then press and hold the shift key while right clicking on the icon.

Keltharius

Alright, that seemed to work. Here's the logfile from HijackThis:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 7:06:51 PM, on 2/1/2012
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7601.17514)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip32.exe
C:\Windows\System32\TiltWheelMouse.exe
C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Soft32\Soft32 Updater\Soft32 Updater.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Belkin\F7D4101\V1\PBN.exe
C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Verizon\UA_ar\UtilityApplication.exe
C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Update Tool Notifier.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Shareaza Applications\MediaBar\Datamngr\datamngrUI.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Virtualization Handler\CVH.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\virtualization handler\OfficeVirt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.search.yahoo.com/?fr=w3i&type=W3i_SP,204,0_0,StartPage,20111146,16897,0,6,0
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Freecause Shopping BHO - {3A90A078-4BB9-4568-9557-CDEEFCAE68A0} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Shop to Win 22\Shop to Win 22.dll
O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\ievkbd.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: dTPodcastBHO - {65134FDF-F8A5-4B3D-91D9-CDF273CFD578} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\doubleTwist\IEPodcastPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: StartNow Toolbar Helper - {6E13D095-45C3-4271-9475-F3B48227DD9F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Toolbar32.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: UrlHelper Class - {CFC4F59B-A2DA-4e12-B337-52A4F871E10C} - C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Bing Bar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\BingExt.dll" (file missing)
O2 - BHO: MediaBar - {d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42} - C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\ToolBar\shdtxmltbpi.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: link filter bho - {E33CF602-D945-461A-83F0-819F76A199F8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\YTSingleInstance.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MediaBar - {d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42} - C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\ToolBar\shdtxmltbpi.dll
O3 - Toolbar: StartNow Toolbar - {5911488E-9D1E-40ec-8CBB-06B231CC153F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Toolbar32.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Bing Bar - {8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f} - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\BingExt.dll" (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DATAMNGR] C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\DATAMN~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SwitchBoard] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS5ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\CS5ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Soft32 Updater.exe] C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Soft32\Soft32 Updater\Soft32 Updater.exe /SILENT
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: Launch Utility Application.lnk = C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Verizon\UA_ar\UtilityApplication.exe
O4 - Startup: Registration Assassin's Creed.LNK = C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed\Register\RegistrationReminder.exe
O4 - Startup: Update Tool Notifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Belkin\F7D4101\V1\PBN.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Anti-Banner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\ie_banner_deny.htm
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: &Virtual keyboard - {4248FE82-7FCB-46AC-B270-339F08212110} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O9 - Extra button: URLs c&heck - {CCF151D8-D089-449F-A5A4-D9909053F20F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\datamngr.dll C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll, C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\sbhook.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\avp.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service (LMS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe SwitchBoard (SwitchBoard) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe
O23 - Service: TabletServiceWacom - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service (UNS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe
O23 - Service: Updater Service for StartNow Toolbar - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\ToolbarUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Belkin WLAN service (WLANBelkinService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Belkin\F7D4101\V1\wlansrv.exe
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

--
End of file - 12764 bytes

brightlord

My advice install and use combofix be careful this program making many problems on your pc.But I guarantee that gonna work.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Please do the following.

Download and Run ComboFix
If you already have Combofix, please delete this copy and download it again as it's being updated regularly.
  • Download this file here :

Combofix

• When the page loads click on the blue combofix download link next to the BleepingComputer Mirror.
  • Save the file to your windows desktop. The combofix icon will look like this when it has downloaded to your desktop.

cf-icon.jpg
  • We are almost ready to start ComboFix, but before we do so, we need to take some preventative measures so that there are no conflicts with other programs when running ComboFix. At this point you should do the following:

• Close all open Windows including this one.
  • Close or disable all running Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix. Instructions on disabling these type of programs can be found here.
    Once these two steps have been completed, double-click on the ComboFix icon found on your desktop. Please note, that once you start ComboFix you should not click anywhere on the ComboFix window as it can cause the program to stall. In fact, when ComboFix is running, do not touch your computer at all. The scan could take a while, so please be patient.
  • Please click on I agree on the disclaimer window.
  • ComboFix will now install itself on to your computer. When it is done, a blue screen will appear as shown below.

cf-preparing.jpg

• ComboFix is now preparing to run. When it has finished ComboFix will automatically attempt to create a System Restore point so that if any problems occur while using the program you can restore back to your previous configuration. When ComboFix has finished creating the restore point, it will then backup your Windows Registry as shown in the image below.

erunt.jpg

• Once the Windows Registry has finished being backed up, ComboFix will attempt to detect if you have the Windows Recovery Console installed. If you already have it installed, you can skip to this section and continue reading. Otherwise you will see the following message as shown below:

recovery-console-prompt.jpg

• At the above message box, please click on the Yes button in order for ComboFix to continue. Please follow the steps and instructions given by ComboFix in order to finish the installation of the Recovery Console.
  • Please click on yes in the next window to continue scanning for malware.
  • ComboFix will now disconnect your computer from the Internet, so do not be surprised or concerned if you receive any warnings stating that you are no longer on the Internet. When ComboFix has finished it will automatically restore your Internet connection.
  • ComboFix will now start scanning your computer for known infections. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
  • While the program is scanning your computer, it will change your clock format, so do not be concerned when you see this happen. When ComboFix is finished it will restore your clock settings to their previous settings. You will also see the text in the ComboFix window being updated as it goes through the various stages of its scan. An example of this can be seen below.

still-scanning-clockchanges.jpg

• When ComboFix has finished running, you will see a screen stating that it is preparing the log report.
  • This can take a while, so please be patient. If you see your Windows desktop disappear, do not worry. This is normal and ComboFix will restore your desktop before it is finished. Eventually you will see a new screen that states the program is almost finished and telling you the programs log file, or report, will be located at C:\ComboFix.txt.
  • When ComboFix has finished, it will automatically close the program and change your clock back to its original format. It will then display the log file automatically for you.
  • Now you just click on the edit menu and click on select all, then click on the edit menu again and click on copy. Then come to the forum in your reply and right click on your mouse and click on paste.

In your next reply please post:
  • The ComboFix log
  • A fresh HiJackThis log
  • An update on how your computer is running

Keltharius

Here's the ComboFix log:

ComboFix 12-02-01.01 - Bennett 02/01/2012 22:40:20.1.4 - x64
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.8109.6117 [GMT -6:00]
Running from: c:\users\Bennett\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
AV: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {56547CC9-C9B2-849D-8FEF-A496150D6A06}
AV: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {AE1D740B-8F0F-D137-211D-873D44B3F4AE}
FW: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled* {6E6FFDEC-83DD-85C5-A4B0-0DA3EBDE2D7D}
FW: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled* {9626F52E-C560-D06F-0A42-2E08BA60B3D5}
SP: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {ED359D2D-EF88-8B13-B55F-9FE46E8A20BB}
SP: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {157C95EF-A935-DEB9-1BAD-BC4F3F34BE13}
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
C:\install.exe
c:\program files (x86)\Shop to Win
c:\program files (x86)\Shop to Win\InstallNotifier.exe
c:\program files (x86)\Shop to Win\unins000.dat
c:\program files (x86)\Shop to Win\unins000.exe
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\ReactivateIE.exe
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\engine_images.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\engine_maps.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\engine_news.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\engine_videos.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\engine_web.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\icon_amazon.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\icon_ebay.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\icon_facebook.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\icon_games.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\icon_msn.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\icon_shopping.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\icon_travel.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\icon_twitter.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\images\startnow_logo.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\installer.xml
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\chevron_button.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\searchbox_button_hover.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\searchbox_button_normal.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\searchbox_dropdown_button_normal.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\searchbox_input_background.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\searchbox_input_left.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\searchbox_input_middle.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\separator.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\splitter.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\toolbarbutton_ff_hover_c.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\toolbarbutton_ie_hover_c.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\toolbarbutton_ie_hover_l.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\toolbarbutton_ie_hover_r.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\toolbarbutton_ie_normal_c.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\toolbarbutton_ie_normal_l.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\skin\toolbarbutton_ie_normal_r.png
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\toolbar.xml
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Resources\update.xml
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\StartNowToolbarUninstall.exe
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Toolbar32.dll
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\ToolbarBroker.exe
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\ToolbarUpdaterService.exe
c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\uninstall.dat
c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Soft32\Soft32 Updater\Soft32 Updater.exe /SILENT
c:\windows\Readme.txt
c:\windows\system32\java.exe
c:\windows\SysWow64\Packet.dll
c:\windows\SysWow64\pthreadVC.dll
c:\windows\SysWow64\wpcap.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Drivers/Services )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
-------\Service_Updater Service for StartNow Toolbar
-------\Service_Updater Service for StartNow Toolbar
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2012-01-02 to 2012-02-02 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2012-02-02 04:45 . 2012-02-02 04:45 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
2012-02-01 21:19 . 2012-02-01 21:19 388096 ----a-r- c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Installer\{45A66726-69BC-466B-A7A4-12FCBA4883D7}\HiJackThis.exe
2012-02-01 21:19 . 2012-02-01 21:19 -------- d-----w- c:\program files (x86)\Trend Micro
2012-02-01 21:14 . 2012-01-17 10:39 8602168 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{22539919-8F37-4BCC-9A46-94F167745A79}\mpengine.dll
2012-02-01 21:03 . 2012-02-01 21:03 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes
2012-02-01 21:03 . 2012-02-01 21:03 -------- d-----w- c:\program files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2012-02-01 21:03 . 2012-02-01 21:03 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Malwarebytes
2012-02-01 21:03 . 2011-12-10 21:24 23152 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2012-01-29 05:46 . 2012-01-29 05:46 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Diagnostics
2012-01-27 19:50 . 2012-01-27 19:50 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\McAfee
2012-01-27 19:50 . 2012-02-01 04:08 -------- d-----w- c:\program files (x86)\McAfee Security Scan
2012-01-27 19:45 . 2012-01-27 19:45 -------- d--h--w- c:\windows\msdownld.tmp
2012-01-22 02:50 . 2012-01-22 02:50 -------- d-----w- C:\Games
2012-01-22 02:46 . 2012-01-22 02:50 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Bennett\Fallout3
2012-01-22 02:44 . 2012-02-01 04:20 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Black_Tree_Gaming
2012-01-22 02:44 . 2012-02-01 04:20 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Nexus Mod Manager
2012-01-11 01:32 . 2011-11-17 06:41 1731920 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ntdll.dll
2012-01-11 01:32 . 2011-11-17 05:38 1292080 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\ntdll.dll
2012-01-11 01:32 . 2011-10-26 05:25 1572864 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll
2012-01-11 01:32 . 2011-10-26 05:25 366592 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\qdvd.dll
2012-01-11 01:32 . 2011-10-26 04:32 514560 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\qdvd.dll
2012-01-11 01:32 . 2011-10-26 04:32 1328128 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\quartz.dll
2012-01-11 01:32 . 2011-11-19 14:58 77312 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\packager.dll
2012-01-11 01:32 . 2011-11-19 14:01 67072 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\packager.dll
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2011-12-07 16:39 . 2011-09-03 00:14 279096 ------w- c:\windows\system32\MpSigStub.exe
2011-12-07 01:12 . 2011-12-07 01:12 145552 ----a-w- c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Update Tool Notifier.exe
2011-12-07 01:00 . 2011-12-07 01:01 627600 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\deployJava1.dll
2011-11-24 04:52 . 2011-12-13 20:53 3145216 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2011-11-05 05:41 . 2011-12-13 20:54 1188864 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2011-11-05 05:32 . 2011-12-13 20:53 2048 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\tzres.dll
2011-11-05 04:35 . 2011-12-13 20:53 981504 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\wininet.dll
2011-11-05 04:26 . 2011-12-13 20:53 2048 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\tzres.dll
2011-11-05 03:32 . 2011-12-13 20:53 1638912 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\mshtml.tlb
2011-11-05 02:48 . 2011-12-13 20:53 1638912 ----a-w- c:\windows\SysWow64\mshtml.tlb
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\~\Browser Helper Objects\{CFC4F59B-A2DA-4e12-B337-52A4F871E10C}]
2011-08-09 13:18 1235352 ----a-w- c:\progra~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\~\Browser Helper Objects\{d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42}]
2011-05-30 14:12 87488 ----a-w- c:\progra~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\ToolBar\shdtxmltbpi.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
"{d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42}"= "c:\progra~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\ToolBar\shdtxmltbpi.dll" [2011-05-30 87488]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42}]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Steam"="c:\program files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" [2011-09-03 1242448]
"Soft32 Updater.exe"="c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Soft32\Soft32 Updater\Soft32 Updater.exe" [2011-10-19 163640]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"StartCCC"="c:\program files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" [2011-04-20 336384]
"AVP"="c:\program files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\avp.exe" [2011-09-03 311680]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" [2011-07-05 421888]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2011-08-19 421736]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2011-06-09 254696]
"SwitchBoard"="c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe" [2010-02-19 517096]
"AdobeCS5ServiceManager"="c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\CS5ServiceManager.exe" [2011-09-25 406992]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2011-06-06 937920]
"Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware"="c:\program files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" [2012-01-13 460872]
c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Launch Utility Application.lnk - c:\users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Verizon\UA_ar\UtilityApplication.exe [2011-3-22 547840]
Registration Assassin's Creed.LNK - c:\program files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed\Register\RegistrationReminder.exe [2011-12-29 967304]
Update Tool Notifier.exe [2011-12-6 145552]
c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Utility.lnk - c:\program files (x86)\Belkin\F7D4101\V1\PBN.exe [2009-11-25 110592]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"= 5 (0x5)
"ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"= 3 (0x3)
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"= 0 (0x0)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=c:\progra~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\datamngr.dll c:\progra~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll c:\progra~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll c:\progra~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\sbhook.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32]
"aux1"=wdmaud.drv
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\KasperskyAntiVirus]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001
R2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86;c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [2010-03-18 130384]
R2 clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X64;c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe [2010-03-18 138576]
R2 gupdate;Google Update Service (gupdate);c:\program files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-10-15 136176]
R2 WLANBelkinService;Belkin WLAN service;c:\program files (x86)\Belkin\F7D4101\V1\wlansrv.exe [2009-12-28 36864]
R3 amdkmdag;amdkmdag;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys [x]
R3 amdkmdap;amdkmdap;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys [x]
R3 AtiHDAudioService;ATI Function Driver for HD Audio Service;c:\windows\system32\drivers\AtihdW76.sys [x]
R3 gupdatem;Google Update Service (gupdatem);c:\program files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-10-15 136176]
R3 NMgamingmsFltr;USB Optical Mouse;c:\windows\system32\drivers\NMgamingms.sys [x]
R3 osppsvc;Office Software Protection Platform;c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPSVC.EXE [2010-01-10 4925184]
R3 SwitchBoard;Adobe SwitchBoard;c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe [2010-02-19 517096]
R3 t_mouse.sys;iBall Advanced Mouse;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\t_mouse.sys [x]
R3 TsUsbFlt;TsUsbFlt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\tsusbflt.sys [x]
R3 USBAAPL64;Apple Mobile USB Driver;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\usbaapl64.sys [x]
R3 wacmoumonitor;Wacom Mode Helper;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\wacmoumonitor.sys [x]
R3 WatAdminSvc;Windows Activation Technologies Service;c:\windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe [x]
S0 KLBG;Kaspersky Lab Boot Guard Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\klbg.sys [x]
S1 KLIM6;Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS 6 Filter;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\klim6.sys [x]
S1 vwififlt;Virtual WiFi Filter Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwififlt.sys [x]
S2 AdobeARMservice;Adobe Acrobat Update Service;c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe [2011-06-06 64952]
S2 AMD External Events Utility;AMD External Events Utility;c:\windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe [x]
S2 BBSvc;Bing Bar Update Service;c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\BBSvc.EXE [2011-10-21 196176]
S2 BBUpdate;BBUpdate;c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE [2011-10-13 249648]
S2 cvhsvc;Client Virtualization Handler;c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Virtualization Handler\CVHSVC.EXE [2010-10-20 821664]
S2 iPodDrv;iPodDrv;c:\windows\system32\drivers\iPodDrv.sys [x]
S2 MBAMService;MBAMService;c:\program files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe [2012-01-13 652360]
S2 sftlist;Application Virtualization Client;c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftlist.exe [2010-09-14 508264]
S2 TabletServiceWacom;TabletServiceWacom;c:\windows\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe [x]
S2 UNS;Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service;c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe [2010-10-06 2655768]
S3 BCMH43XX;N+ Wireless USB Adapter Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwlhigh664.sys [x]
S3 klmouflt;Kaspersky Lab KLMOUFLT;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\klmouflt.sys [x]
S3 MBAMProtector;MBAMProtector;c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys [x]
S3 MEIx64;Intel(R) Management Engine Interface;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\HECIx64.sys [x]
S3 RTL8167;Realtek 8167 NT Driver;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys [x]
S3 Sftfs;Sftfs;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Sftfslh.sys [x]
S3 Sftplay;Sftplay;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Sftplaylh.sys [x]
S3 Sftredir;Sftredir;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Sftredirlh.sys [x]
S3 Sftvol;Sftvol;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Sftvollh.sys [x]
S3 sftvsa;Application Virtualization Service Agent;c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftvsa.exe [2010-09-14 219496]
S3 vwifimp;Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Service;c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwifimp.sys [x]
--- Other Services/Drivers In Memory ---
*NewlyCreated* - WS2IFSL
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2012-02-02 c:\windows\Tasks\FinalTorrent Update Checker.job
- c:\program files (x86)\FinalTorrent\FTCheckForUpdates.exe [2011-11-06 21:24]
2012-02-02 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
- c:\program files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-10-15 03:54]
2012-02-02 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job
- c:\program files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2011-10-15 03:54]
--------- x86-64 -----------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{CFC4F59B-A2DA-4e12-B337-52A4F871E10C}]
2011-08-09 13:18 1792920 ----a-w- c:\progra~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\x64\IEBHO.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"RtHDVCpl"="c:\program files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe" [2011-02-24 11780712]
"MouseDriver"="TiltWheelMouse.exe" [2010-11-01 241152]
"AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0"="c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe" [2010-03-06 500208]
"IgfxTray"="c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2011-09-01 167704]
"HotKeysCmds"="c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2011-09-01 392472]
"Persistence"="c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2011-09-01 416024]
"XboxStat"="c:\program files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\XboxStat.exe" [2009-10-01 825184]
"combofix"="c:\combofix\CF31246.3XE" [2010-11-20 345088]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=0x1
"AppInit_DLLs"=c:\progra~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\x64\datamngr.dll c:\progra~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\x64\IEBHO.dll c:\progra~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\x64\sbhook64.dll
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uLocal Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
uStart Page = hxxp://www.search.yahoo.com/?fr=w3i&type=W3i_SP,204,0_0,StartPage,20111146,16897,0,6,0
mLocal Page = c:\windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
TCP: DhcpNameServer = 192.168.0.1
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -
Toolbar-10 - (no file)
Wow6432Node-HKCU-Run-AdobeBridge - (no file)
Toolbar-10 - (no file)
AddRemove-StartNow Toolbar - c:\program files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\StartNowToolbarUninstall.exe
AddRemove-{E44BCD9E-912C-45B7-8B4D-A7837952EAB4}_is1 - c:\program files (x86)\Shop To Win\unins000.exe
--------------------- LOCKED REGISTRY KEYS ---------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\PCW\Security]
@Denied: (Full) (Everyone)
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
c:\program files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
c:\program files (x86)\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
c:\program files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip32.exe
c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
Completion time: 2012-02-01 22:51:58 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2012-02-02 04:51
Pre-Run: 835,480,313,856 bytes free
Post-Run: 838,990,073,856 bytes free
- - End Of File - - 36CC7B22B0D0D9F55FAA46F27E0B23D7

However, it seems there's another problem. Literally any time I try to open anything on the computer, be it a browser or Windows Media Player or HijackThis, every single time it comes up with the error saying "C:/Program Files...(continues on saying location of program)... Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." It says this no matter what I'm trying to open, even if I try to open a folder. Should this be happening (I'd guess it shouldn't be), and how can I try to fix this? I can still open my folders and everything, but that's the extent of what I can open as far as I've figured out so far.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes that happens and all that is needed is to reboot the system and it will be back to normal. I need you to post a log that combofix created but didn't automatically show us. Please navigate to C:\Qoobox and in that folder will be a file named add-remove programs.txt. Please open that file and copy and paste the contents back here.

I believe you have 2 different versions of kaspersky installed or its possible one wasn't fully removed as combofix lists 2 of each of the antivirus, spyware and firewall programs. I would expect this because one of each of the antivirus and spyware entries says disabled/Outdated.

AV: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {56547CC9-C9B2-849D-8FEF-A496150D6A06}
AV: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {AE1D740B-8F0F-D137-211D-873D44B3F4AE}
FW: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled* {6E6FFDEC-83DD-85C5-A4B0-0DA3EBDE2D7D}
FW: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled* {9626F52E-C560-D06F-0A42-2E08BA60B3D5}
SP: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled/Outdated* {ED359D2D-EF88-8B13-B55F-9FE46E8A20BB}
SP: Kaspersky Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {157C95EF-A935-DEB9-1BAD-BC4F3F34BE13}

Once I get a list of installed programs we can go from there.

Keltharius

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I've been a bit bogged down with schoolwork this week. Also, now that I've restarted the computer the programs can open now, so at least that part seems to be solved. Everything seems to be back up and working now, and as far as I can tell it seems back to normal.

Here's the add-remove programs.txt:

µTorrent
Adobe AIR
Adobe Community Help
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
Adobe Media Player
Adobe Photoshop CS5
Adobe Reader X (10.1.1)
Alien Swarm
Apple Application Support
Apple Software Update
Assassin's Creed
Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor
Bing Bar
Catalyst Control Center
Catalyst Control Center - Branding
Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common
Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy
CCC Help English
Color Efex Pro 3.0 Wacom Edition 6
Darksiders
doubleTwist
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
ffdshow [rev 2527] [2008-12-19]
File Type Assistant
FinalTorrent 2011
Google Chrome
Google Update Helper
HiJackThis
Intel(R) Control Center
Intel(R) Management Engine Components
Java Auto Updater
Java(TM) 6 Update 29
JCreator LE 5.00
Junk Mail filter update
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.60.1.1000
MediaBar
Microsoft Choice Guard
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 - English
Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer
Microsoft Silverlight
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU]
Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime Native v1.0 (x86)
Microsoft Sync Framework Services Native v1.0 (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219
Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86
Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86
Microsoft_VC80_MFC_x86
Microsoft_VC80_MFCLOC_x86
Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86
Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86
Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86
MSVCRT
Nitronic Rush (2011-11-11) version 20111111.0
NVIDIA PhysX
Opera 11.52
PDF Settings CS5
Portal
Portal 2
Python 2.6.2
QuickTime
RAGE
Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Sanctum
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2478663)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2518870)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2539636)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2572078)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2656351)
Shareaza
Shop To Win
Soft32 Updater
Spiral Knights
StartNow Toolbar
Steam
StudioGPU MachStudio Pro
Team Fortress 2
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2468871)
Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2533523)
Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android - Samsung
Wacom Tablet
Warhammer® 40,000®: Dawn of War® II – Retribution™
WebTablet IE Plugin
WebTablet Netscape Plugin
Windows Live Call
Windows Live Communications Platform
Windows Live Essentials
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Movie Maker
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
Windows Live Sync
Windows Live Upload Tool
Windows Live Writer
WinRAR 4.01 (32-bit)
Yahoo! Software Update
Yahoo! Toolbar

Edit: Also, is it now safe for me to do things on this computer such as log in to accounts and the like?

Edit #2: I've just re-run HijackThis, and here's the new log file:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 6:28:32 PM, on 2/4/2012
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7601.17514)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip32.exe
C:\Windows\System32\TiltWheelMouse.exe
C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Soft32\Soft32 Updater\Soft32 Updater.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Belkin\F7D4101\V1\PBN.exe
C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Verizon\UA_ar\UtilityApplication.exe
C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Update Tool Notifier.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Shareaza Applications\MediaBar\Datamngr\datamngrUI.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\opera.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.search.yahoo.com/?fr=w3i&type=W3i_SP,204,0_0,StartPage,20111146,16897,0,6,0
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: YTNavAssistPlugin Class - {81017EA9-9AA8-4A6A-9734-7AF40E7D593F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: IEVkbdBHO - {59273AB4-E7D3-40F9-A1A8-6FA9CCA1862C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\ievkbd.dll
O2 - BHO: dTPodcastBHO - {65134FDF-F8A5-4B3D-91D9-CDF273CFD578} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\doubleTwist\IEPodcastPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: UrlHelper Class - {CFC4F59B-A2DA-4e12-B337-52A4F871E10C} - C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Bing Bar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\BingExt.dll" (file missing)
O2 - BHO: MediaBar - {d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42} - C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\ToolBar\shdtxmltbpi.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: link filter bho - {E33CF602-D945-461A-83F0-819F76A199F8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O2 - BHO: SingleInstance Class - {FDAD4DA1-61A2-4FD8-9C17-86F7AC245081} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\YTSingleInstance.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MediaBar - {d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42} - C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\ToolBar\shdtxmltbpi.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Bing Bar - {8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f} - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\BingBar\BingExt.dll" (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DATAMNGR] C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\DATAMN~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SwitchBoard] C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS5ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\CS5ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Soft32 Updater.exe] C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Soft32\Soft32 Updater\Soft32 Updater.exe /SILENT
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10x_Plugin.exe -update plugin
O4 - Startup: Launch Utility Application.lnk = C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Roaming\Verizon\UA_ar\UtilityApplication.exe
O4 - Startup: Registration Assassin's Creed.LNK = C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed\Register\RegistrationReminder.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Belkin\F7D4101\V1\PBN.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Anti-Banner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\ie_banner_deny.htm
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: &Virtual keyboard - {4248FE82-7FCB-46AC-B270-339F08212110} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O9 - Extra button: URLs c&heck - {CCF151D8-D089-449F-A5A4-D9909053F20F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\klwtbbho.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\datamngr.dll C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\sbhook.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Internet Security (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2010\avp.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service (LMS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe SwitchBoard (SwitchBoard) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SwitchBoard\SwitchBoard.exe
O23 - Service: TabletServiceWacom - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service (UNS) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Belkin WLAN service (WLANBelkinService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Belkin\F7D4101\V1\wlansrv.exe
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Yahoo! Updater (YahooAUService) - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe

--
End of file - 11627 bytes

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Uninstall the following programs.

Soft32 Updater
StartNow Toolbar
Shop To Win
MediaBar

Rerun hijackthis and place checks next to the following entries.

O3 - Toolbar: MediaBar - {d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42} - C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\ToolBar\shd txmltbpi.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DATAMNGR] C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\DATAMN~1.EX E
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10x_Pl ugin.exe -update plugin

Then click on fix checked.

Yes, you can use your pc now. Let me know if you are continuing to have issues.

Keltharius

To uninstall the programs, is all I have to do just to go into HijackThis and fix said entries that you listed? Or should I use the uninstaller for each one of them (i.e. for Soft32 Updater there's a file called "Uninstall Soft32 Updater") and then do the HijackThis run?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No, to uninstall the programs, go into contro panel, programs, and thats where you uninstall them. Then run hijackthis to get rid of those entries.

Keltharius

When trying to uninstall StartNow Toolbar, and error message pops up saying "An error occured while trying to uninstall StartNow Toolbar. It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove StartNow Toolbar from the Programs and Features list?" Should I just hit Yes and leave it at that, or is there something else I'll have to do? The same thing occurs with Shop To Win. When I search in the start menu for anything with the name StartNow Toolbar, nothing comes up, but when I search for Shop To Win there are still several files that come up.

Last edited:

Keltharius

So now I'm on to the HijackThis step, but when I'm looking for this selection box (O3 - Toolbar: MediaBar - {d48c9ead-f59f-4dea-ac97-7065fea79f42} - C:\PROGRA~2\SHAREA~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\ToolBar\shd txmltbpi.dll) it's not there to select. Same thing with O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Soft32 Updater.exe] C:\Users\Bennett\AppData\Local\Soft32\Soft32 Updater\Soft32 Updater.exe /SILENT.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If its not there then dont worry about it. You uninstalled the program already.