Any one else following E3

jjsevdt

I watched the MS conference last night and got to catch a little of Nintedo's at lunch.

I can't wait to see if Sony has a playable demo of Lair and any new announcements. Nintendo's Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii will be awesome. What are your thoughts?

TheOrangeDude

I dont have alot of time following E3. But so far the only thing that interest is the gear of war pc edition where I finally can beat the living crap out of the last huge lucast monster. Other then that nothing really seem can blow me away at E3. And seriousely I think killzone2 = crap just like halo series totally overated.

12-Gauge

And seriousely I think killzone2 = crap just like halo series totally overated.

I was throughly impressed by the Killzone 2 trailer. In fact, I thought it the most impressive thing at E3. But I do agree with you to some extent, console shooters are always overhyped until every man and his dog literally has to buy a copy. Halo 3, for instance, has already reached platinum sales from preorders alone! Not bad considering it's still just another first person shooter.

Pck21

Oh finally someone who shares my passion and obsession for games and E3! I have been watching every second of G4's coverage of E3 :). I have a few thoughts.

I saw Microsoft's press conference last night and man I have never been so impressed by a display of upcoming games. BioShock, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell Conviction, and of course Halo 3 were VERY impressive. I don't think I have enough money to get them all. The fact that they will ALL be out this holiday season was just mind blowing. Unbelievable showing even though I am not a fan of Microsoft right now.

Nintendo's conference was so-so for me. I love the fact that Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros: Brawl will be out this holiday season. I have been waiting for months for those. The new Zapper looked great too and will be a wonderful edition to the Wii. Other games I am now looking forward too are Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicle, and Ghost Squad.

And now on to Sony. I thought their conference rivaled Microsoft's. Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, MGS4, MOH: Airborne, and Kill Zone 2 which looked absolutely amazing. I am now not regretting that I bought a PS3 but I hate the fact that they came out with a new 80GB PS3 when I bought the 60GB for the same price.

What was everyone's favorite games?

12-Gauge

What was everyone's favorite games?

I wasn't so much impressed by the games as I was by 'Home'. I half expected the scheme to fall flat on its face but, to my surprise, Sony had it up and running. If it's free then it will definately patch the gaping hole where Sony's answer to xbox live should be.

Pck21

I wasn't so much impressed by the games as I was by 'Home'. I half expected the scheme to fall flat on its face but, to my surprise, Sony had it up and running. If it's free then it will definately patch the gaping hole where Sony's answer to xbox live should be.

I couldn't agree more. I was skeptical about Home at first too but after watching it in real time, I was excited about it. IMO, it will either be something that actually moves systems or completely falls flat. I'm hoping that it does really well.

tlarkin

VIP Member
The only game I really truly am hoping doesn't suck is Fallout 3. Only because the previous games in this franchise have been some of my favorite of all time.

Every other next gen first person game looks like the same old thing recycled to me. When will someone come out with something new? Like a game that operates in 1st and 3rd person and offers a huge variety of gameplay from stealth, to straight up action, to puzzles, to strategy.

jjsevdt

Ok, after checking out Sony's event I'm super excited about the upcoming titles; my wife... not so much.

The thing I'm suprised no one's speculating about is the facy Nintendo mentioned the Wii zapper is shipping with a software title that's well in development. The two will ship together for $20. They never said what the title was though. I'm personally hoping for Duck Hunt, but we'll see.

Home will be great, but I'm just worried it may be too much traffic for the network and end up like SL. On the demo it worked great, but they're in a closed beta and all the people that showed up were named, 2007 E3 001, 002 and so on So they were in a private area or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about Home but I was just thinking about that. One of the things that I liked about MS compared to Sony is that they gave solid dates for all the games except RE5. I don't want to hear Fall, I want a date.

rbxslvr

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e32007/default.htm

That is on Microsoft's home page today... for the release of the Halo 3 themed console in September.

Two Must-Haves from the holiday lineup...
Guitar Hero III™: Legends of Rock (RedOctane/Activision):Fire up the fret board, crank up the amp and get ready to rock out on the new wireless Les Paul guitar controllers. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock includes star-studded tracks by such legendary artists as Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, Beastie Boys, Muse, and Pearl Jam. Available this fall.

Halo 3 (Bungie Studios):The epic saga continues with Halo 3, the hugely anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed Halo 2. Available September 25, only on Xbox 360.

I should probably preorder those two sometime soon.

I'll probably grab Hexic 2 off of the marketplace. That game is addicting. (first one anyway).

Last edited:

jjsevdt

Did they ever reveal the specs? I'm sure it's the Premium setup.

The conference was funny as far as the announcement goes, but it was kind of like Sony announcing the new PSP. Although I plan to get one since I don't own one.

rbxslvr

Did they ever reveal the specs? I'm sure it's the Premium setup.

The conference was funny as far as the announcement goes, but it was kind of like Sony announcing the new PSP. Although I plan to get one since I don't own one.
Lets see...

PS - 95 version
PS - 96 Version
PS1
PS2
PS3
PSP
PSP2.

:eek:

(The first two are two different versions... the first has extra ports... composite outs... the second does now...)

Believe it or not... I'm an xbox guy :D:cool::eek:

Pck21

Ok, after checking out Sony's event I'm super excited about the upcoming titles; my wife... not so much.

The thing I'm suprised no one's speculating about is the facy Nintendo mentioned the Wii zapper is shipping with a software title that's well in development. The two will ship together for $20. They never said what the title was though. I'm personally hoping for Duck Hunt, but we'll see.

Home will be great, but I'm just worried it may be too much traffic for the network and end up like SL. On the demo it worked great, but they're in a closed beta and all the people that showed up were named, 2007 E3 001, 002 and so on So they were in a private area or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about Home but I was just thinking about that. One of the things that I liked about MS compared to Sony is that they gave solid dates for all the games except RE5. I don't want to hear Fall, I want a date.

I can't wait to get the zapper! I think someone mentioned that it will be packaged with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles but don't quote me.

I'm like you. I loved the fact that actual dates were given by MS and Nintendo but Sony was kind of tongue tied when it came to releases. It seems to me that they are working on so many titles that they really don't know what to do with all of them. With Microsoft I am seeing at least three titles a month from August to December that I want to buy. With the PS3 I think there are only a handful of games from August to December that I want. Now to be fair they are all killer apps, IMO.

12-Gauge

One game I really can't wait to get my hands on is Assassin's Creed.
This game looks awesome.

Have you seen the new gameplay footage that they just released? The freerunning abilities look awesome and combat actually looks fluid rather than robotic.

bigsaucybob

Have you seen the new gameplay footage that they just released? The freerunning abilities look awesome and combat actually looks fluid rather than robotic.

YEA, I was watching them yesterday. It really looks awesome, the chasing part of the game looks really cool as well. I think it is going to be a sick game.

Have you heard anything about multi player? It doesn't seem like it will incorporate multi player. But it's like suicide to release a game on the 360 platform that doesn't utilize Xbox Live.

12-Gauge

Have you heard anything about multi player? It doesn't seem like it will incorporate multi player. But it's like suicide to release a game on the 360 platform that doesn't utilize Xbox Live.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't get your hopes up about mulitplay. I simply can't see how it could be incorporated into the game.