Any other way to do this?

alexyu

Lately Ive been watching movies on my new phone. But to do this, first I have to convert the subtitles to SSA, then embed them into the avi movie, then convert the video to mp4 low quality for a good playback on the phone. I have to use Media Subtitler, VirtualDub and Any Video Converter, and in the end, the processing takes longer than the length of the movie.
Does anybody know of any program that can do all I need to do faster? Or at least one that can do all the tasks?

Last edited:

sshaggy

I think total video convertor is what u need. It support subtitle embedding and can convert a movie directly into mp4.
By the way which phone u are using?? If it is symbian, then u have much better option.

alexyu

Thank you, that app looks fine. Im fonna try it.
and yes, it's a Symbian UIQ phone: Sony Ericsson G700
sony-ericcson-g700.jpg

sshaggy

Then smartmovie player+convertor (by lonelycatgames) is all you need. The bundled convertor compresses a 700 mb movie into about 100-200 mb size. It includes subtitles support. Then the converted avi file can be played in the phone by the player. Since the movie remains in avi format, comparitively quality is much better than mp4 & 3gp.
Download demo version of UIQ version from here.

alexyu

Seems that my phone doesn't support .avi
If it did, I wouldn't want to convert it to .mp4
Anyways, my mp4s are also about 150mb, so I guess I'll stick to what I have (BTW Total video Converter is a very good program)

sshaggy

When u will install smartmovie player, then ur phone will be able to play low resolution avi files.
Thats what smartmovie is all about. It allows you to play avi files in ur phone. Thats what u are paying for.