Anybody out there with a ASUS EP121?

Cameldude

Hi,

If anybody has bought and used the ASUS EP121 please comment on how good it is. i am thinking of buying it when it gets released here in UK in April, but since released in US already wandering if its a good choice out there. Especially wandering about the battery life, they say around 2.4 hours for Watching Full HD film, can anyone confirm or not this. also how long did it last for normal usage, i.e. internet browsing a few youtube, etc how is the performance with that 1.3 GHz i5 processor, a bit low or not???

Best

pellegew

Definite buy

It's a terrific machine. The processor goes up to 1.9 GHz and is quite fast. Overall I love it and have had no problems. The screen is bight even on the lowest setting. This helps batty life. Normal browsing is 3.5-4 hours. I can easily get +4 if I am typing with keyboard and mouse as if I were using a normal laptop. That running on power saver, which performs very well.

With videos up to hours is about right. I use mine for writing in onenote and reading pdfs. The stylus is nearly perfect and then activity allow for long batty if with wireless ( Wifi &Bluetooth) off.

Windows is full of way to make touch natural. Check out window metrics to resize scroll bars and buttons. Flicks are great and very customizable. And all the aero effect for window resizing to full or half screen + window Previews make things work well.

Last edited:

speedyink

VIP Member
At the same price as the top end ipad this thing is a bargain. Especially since it wastes the ipad in most ways