Apple calls iPad "magical and revolutionary"

Drenlin

Discuss?

http://www.apple.com/
eflba9.jpg

I laughed pretty hard when I saw it, honestly. They're trying really hard to pass this off as something useful. It almost seems desperate, like they know it's going to flop.

Last edited:

aviation_man

It's dumb. You can't install 3rd party softwares on it (Only "Apple approved" softwares, which means they $)... I don't know how the virtual keyboard is (I think I'd like it, just a guess though)... But once they allow it to do "normal" laptop things (let you install whatever you desire on it), and tweak a few things here and there, then MAYBE it just might fall into that "magically revolutionary" bull category...
/rant

It'll be a matter of seconds before the hackers jailbreak this bad boy :D

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't mind using one of them on the way to and from work.
Iphone screen is too small for some things. Trying to decide between an ipad and a mac air.

Ethan3.14159

Okay. How is Apple supposed to advertise their product on their website? Some people need to understand marketing.

And yes, it is revolutionary in a way. Tablets were all but dead, and Apple revived that market completely. Look how many companies are coming out with tablets in response to the iPad.

iGeekOFComedy

Look folk, if developers are smart enough they can make 3rd party apps using html5. Apple restricts it because 79% of their market share has to be 0 - 17 age group.

Twist86

If it was a gift id accept it but only for books. Everything else about it is retarded. I don't carry that kinda stuff outside the house. So in the end its easier just to buy a book and keep to my PC. Apple surly has their cows trained well though.

massahwahl

VIP Member

That was pretty good! "I could literally crap in my hand and call it revolutionary!"

I have always liked tablet pcs and I guess I was expecting more from the ipad. I would have liked a writing surface as opposed to only using your fingers. Also the way apple has it locked down is a complete joke and no flash?! Seriously?! I can by almost any windows based tablet that could do a whole heck of a lot more than the ipad does. I will say that I am impressed to see that the price is fairly reasonable.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
First off, if you want developers to create software for your product you need to give them an avenue to make revenue. The ITMS does exactly this. Also, the developer connection license is a mere $99 per a year to get a hold of all the pre-release software to build apps for the Mac and iproducts. That is pretty damn cheap comparing what Microsoft charges for a MSDN subscription.

Furthermore, it is moot to judge a product you have not used. It has not been reviewed by anyone and it is not released, anything you say right now will be pure speculation.

For me personally, I think I'll keep my laptop over buying one of those but if my work gives me one I'll use it.

PunterCam

I'm glad someone's taken it up again. I won't have this generation, but I'll have one in a few years, when they're 2mm thick, completely flexible but still backlit, and 'throwable'. I can't think of anything more useful than the above - something you could sit on, stand on, something completely waterproof - the whole tablet thing will replace home computers for most families.

But not this generation - it's still too fragile.

Rit

It's just a larger Itouch... it's like saying your home theater system is 'magical' compared to your desktop speakers. It's all a sales gimmick.

tlarkin

VIP Member
It's just a larger Itouch... it's like saying your home theater system is 'magical' compared to your desktop speakers. It's all a sales gimmick.

Oh and having 7 different versions of an OS is not a sales gimmick? Get over it, man, it is the only device of it's kind and it may suck or it may be a success, and that is yet to be seen.

Rit

You're missing the whole point... Apple is promoting the ipad as "magical and revolutionary" when in fact it's just a larger itouch with a few more bells and whistles. It's an upgrade like any other electronic product in the world. It's all in the marketing/wording of the product.

188940-17_slide.jpg