Apple calls iPad "magical and revolutionary"

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
from what ive read,It will cost £693 for the Wi-FI and 3G model. :eek:

Damn apple....stop been greedy!!! $$$$$$

I wouldnt pay half that for it....total ripoff.

Ethan3.14159

Okay. How is Apple supposed to advertise their product on their website? Some people need to understand marketing.

And yes, it is revolutionary in a way. Tablets were all but dead, and Apple revived that market completely. Look how many companies are coming out with tablets in response to the iPad.

Just so the idiots posting complete nonsense in here can have a reread.

I love how 75% of this forum hates everything Apple does, and forms their opinions from a couple of youtube videos and bandwagon hate. And how most have only ever tried any Apple product, outside of the iPod, for 5 minutes in a shop.

You're missing the whole point... Apple is promoting the ipad as "magical and revolutionary" when in fact it's just a larger itouch with a few more bells and whistles. It's an upgrade like any other electronic product in the world. It's all in the marketing/wording of the product.
And Microsoft didn't advertise Windows Vista and it's ridiculous number of versions as "revolutionary"? Every company in existence has and will advertise whatever product as something necessary and amazing. That's just common sense. It's then up to the consumer to say whether it is or not. You think it's not, some think it is. And as I said before it has revitalized the tablet industry. All of the large laptop manufacturers are now releasing their counter to the iPad. Which is a good thing as it sparks competition, which in turn will spark innovation. And we all know that the tablet sector was all but dead before the iPad.

Last edited:

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
And Microsoft didn't advertise Windows Vista and it's ridiculous number of versions as "revolutionary"?
No... Longhorn was advertised as revolutionary.

Vista's advertising consisted on explaining how it wasn't actually as flawed as people made it out to be, and how the next yet-to-be named iteration would be awesome and have all these cool features :/

(Though to be fair, 7 did actually deliver for once... something I haven't seen from MS for roughly a decade).

Ethan3.14159

Microsoft-Uses-Apple-Computer-in-Windows-Vista-Ad-2.png

Doesn't look like much explaining is going on... It's just "Wow! It uses much more resources than XP... but I'll buy it because it has DX10."

All we're showing now is that Microsoft's marketing team are complete idiots compared to the Apple marketing team.

This one's just for the lulz.
376667141_0bc8b87120.jpg

I mean are they working for Microsoft or World of Warcraft?

Last edited:

ganzey

banned
microsoft-uses-apple-computer-in-windows-vista-ad-2.png

doesn't look like much explaining is going on... It's just "wow! It uses much more resources than xp... But i'll buy it because it has dx10."

all we're showing now is that microsoft's marketing team are complete idiots compared to the apple marketing team.

This one's just for the lulz.
376667141_0bc8b87120.jpg

i mean are they working for microsoft or world of warcraft?

sham wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rit

Okay. How is Apple supposed to advertise their product on their website? Some people need to understand marketing.

And yes, it is revolutionary in a way. Tablets were all but dead, and Apple revived that market completely. Look how many companies are coming out with tablets in response to the iPad.

Tablet PCs are used all the time, just probably not in the 'public sector' but more in the 'professional'. I'm in my 4th year in college and seems like every other professor I've had has used a tablet PC to display, record, and print their notes for class. And I'm an internet for a large company in Minnesota and I've seen a few at our business meetings. Not to mention since the netbooks were introduced, I've seen alot more of those appear every day.

And people are a creatures of habit and most people will want their keyboards. How long do you think it would take to type a 10 page report on a laptop vs. the ipad? granted they have a accessory keyboard, but that's one more thing to buy and one more thing to carry around. Not to mention you're a youngin and your generation is more 'technologically dependent' than older generations. It's not that we don't hate Apple, we just don't have a use for that product and don't see the value in it. And this is a computer forum for computer nerds, we enjoying learning about and building our own computers. There's some satisfaction in it, rather than just going to a store and buying a completed computer. Like this weekend I built my dual core computer, it seems like it's decades behind, but it was fun building it and when I pressed the power button and everything worked fine it was like "that's right, I'm awesome :p"

And I agree, Microsoft's advertisement is just as bad as Apple's, but like I said before, it's just an upgrade to an older product that has a few more 'bells and whistles". The people that know the product will see through the 'magical and revolutionary' advertising and the people that don't will get sucked into it.

speedyink said:
Rofl!

tlarkin

VIP Member

Oh we all know you hate anything Apple does, and even when they make a superior product you refuse to see it as an equal to any competitor.

Let me compare your video here:

[YT]1ZS8HqOGTbA[/YT]

to this video here:

[YT]e8M6S8EKbnU[/YT]

So, what do we have here to compare? Public speech and marketing techniques, which don't really reflect real world application of the products they are advertising.

Here is Balmer on the iPhone:

[YT]BcUicfqelC8[/YT]

Microsoft has lost touch with it's user base. Almost all the new features of Windows Vista and Windows 7 don't benefit the end user. They don't add small, minute features that actually help overall end user experience. Instead they concentrate on emulating other's innovations as of late. The simple fact that I can have multiple desktops, scroll up and down in background and foreground windows with out switching the active window, completely hide apps from the finder, and use keyboard short cuts for just about everything means that Apple really does try to improve the end user experience.

Most people that form opinions don't understand how an OS even operates, let alone the one they are criticizing. All of the Apple haters here have no idea that under the hood Unix reads off of tons of XML files to execute input and desired configurations. The concept is actually quite genius when you get down into it, though I am willing to bet 99% of the people out there won't ever bother to learn. They just want to use it and want it to work.

So, the next time you want to bash anything that is non PC, just stop and ask yourself if you even understand the differences and how it works. I don't ever hear anyone bashing Sun and Solaris, though I would doubt anyone here would even know how to use those systems.

The iPad, is yet to be tried, tested, or proven in the market. All you can do is guess. You cannot state your opinion as fact. Yes, it is kind of expensive, but again, Apple uses IPS technology in all of their screens, which does have higher quality color contrast and is more costly. Go talk to a designer who makes their living off of designing materials for a living. They are going to tell you their $2,000 ultra wide IPS LCD Monitor was worth every penny, especially when it gets down into color blending. To me, it wouldn't matter, to most people it would not matter. However, to say that it is over priced is false. To say that you wish there were a cheaper option with a lower quality screen would be more accurate.

Last edited:

speedyink

VIP Member
Oh we all know you hate anything Apple does, and even when they make a superior product you refuse to see it as an equal to any competitor.

Let me compare your video here:

[YT]1ZS8HqOGTbA[/YT]

to this video here:

[YT]e8M6S8EKbnU[/YT]

So, what do we have here to compare? Public speech and marketing techniques, which don't really reflect real world application of the products they are advertising.

Here is Balmer on the iPhone:

[YT]BcUicfqelC8[/YT]

Microsoft has lost touch with it's user base. Almost all the new features of Windows Vista and Windows 7 don't benefit the end user. They don't add small, minute features that actually help overall end user experience. Instead they concentrate on emulating other's innovations as of late. The simple fact that I can have multiple desktops, scroll up and down in background and foreground windows with out switching the active window, completely hide apps from the finder, and use keyboard short cuts for just about everything means that Apple really does try to improve the end user experience.

Most people that form opinions don't understand how an OS even operates, let alone the one they are criticizing. All of the Apple haters here have no idea that under the hood Unix reads off of tons of XML files to execute input and desired configurations. The concept is actually quite genius when you get down into it, though I am willing to bet 99% of the people out there won't ever bother to learn. They just want to use it and want it to work.

So, the next time you want to bash anything that is non PC, just stop and ask yourself if you even understand the differences and how it works. I don't ever hear anyone bashing Sun and Solaris, though I would doubt anyone here would even know how to use those systems.

The iPad, is yet to be tried, tested, or proven in the market. All you can do is guess. You cannot state your opinion as fact. Yes, it is kind of expensive, but again, Apple uses IPS technology in all of their screens, which does have higher quality color contrast and is more costly. Go talk to a designer who makes their living off of designing materials for a living. They are going to tell you their $2,000 ultra wide IPS LCD Monitor was worth every penny, especially when it gets down into color blending. To me, it wouldn't matter, to most people it would not matter. However, to say that it is over priced is false. To say that you wish there were a cheaper option with a lower quality screen would be more accurate.

Umm, i just posted a video. I know i don't like everything apple does, and that scott guy needs a nice punch to the face, but Damn you make it sound like i dedicate my life to hating apple.

salvage-this

Hmm...

Microsoft has lost touch with it's user base. Almost all the new features of Windows Vista and Windows 7 don't benefit the end user.

Huh... lost touch with the users? I happen to find the new features of 7 and even the ones that came new on vista have been extremely helpful. Just using the snap feature alone saves me a lot of time when I am doing my coding projects in Java! About being so much better for the user because you can use macros that run bits of your operating system, I use macros for about 20% of the work that I do on my computer. If i want to, I have navigated the majority of what I work on with macros alone. I just find it easier with a mouse.

I have no idea what the code is actually doing under the hood of a mac, but that goes the same for a pc. I feel that the general public has no idea what is going on the inside of a computer regardless of who makes it. As you said; though I am willing to bet 99% of the people out there won't ever bother to learn. They just want to use it and want it to work

Bashing computer systems goes both ways. I have a buddy that is a huge mac fanboy. But all that he hears is that macs are stable and the best. PC and everyone else can suck it. Unfortunately that is what he believes because that is what he has been told.

Just to set the record strait for me, I have always been impressed with how mac computers work. Especially their laptop design. It does seem like a good system. I just won't pay the money since I understand how to use my pc without messing it up. Going along with that, I installed a few different operating systems and contemplated getting a mac mini before I built my desktop. I chose Windows 7 because I was impressed with how it ran and how easy it was to use.

Their screens are nice. I would love to have one. But on the ipad, who is doing high performance designing? I don't know maybe there is an app for that so I can finger edit my photos.

you do have a point that it needs to be tried tested and proven and that you can't say opinions as fact. But when I saw the ad and looked up what the features were I saw no reason at all that it is so much better than anything that I have ever used before. especially since for the 64gb wi-fi model it comes out to $699. fyi, I built my desktop for under that.

massahwahl

VIP Member
Their screens are nice. I would love to have one. But on the ipad, who is doing high performance designing? I don't know maybe there is an app for that so I can finger edit my photos.

you do have a point that it needs to be tried tested and proven and that you can't say opinions as fact. But when I saw the ad and looked up what the features were I saw no reason at all that it is so much better than anything that I have ever used before. especially since for the 64gb wi-fi model it comes out to $699. fyi, I built my desktop for under that.

I couldnt agree more.

I usually stay away from these threads but it is really frustrating that no one is allowed to criticize anyone elses opinions without receiving extreme backlash for it. If you express an opinion about something your usually speaking on behalf of your personal experiences and your personal needs. Personally there is nothing about the Ipad that would benefit me although if they come out with a future concept that did then I would probably pick one up. I know apple still has some tricks up there sleeves but all of the really important features have already been released.

I would like to see VOIP features and bluetooth so you could essentially use it as a phone along with a styleless and a flip out keyboard because I just cannot get onboard with the touchscreen fad.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I don't think the iPad is for me either, but I am not the one that just makes up random crap about a piece of technology and pass it as fact. Most people on this forum that want to talk smack on Apple products don't even know or understand the differences.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
The simple fact that I can have multiple desktops, scroll up and down in background and foreground windows with out switching the active window, completely hide apps from the finder, and use keyboard short cuts for just about everything means that Apple really does try to improve the end user experience.
"All the little things that matter"

I still don't quite understand why the aren't putting all these almost obvious, simple features in. I mean, if a free OS or a "fashion product" can have it... :confused:

tlarkin

VIP Member
"All the little things that matter"

I still don't quite understand why the aren't putting all these almost obvious, simple features in. I mean, if a free OS or a "fashion product" can have it... :confused:

It is simple. Microsoft has lost touch with it's user base. Why do you think the best GUIs come from Linux and OS X?