Assembling new dektop

pushkar

Hello to all,
I want to assemble new desktop , so please suggest me good configuration.I am little bit confused b/w processor to choose Intel or AMD .Also for each part please suggest me brand.My range is 35K.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfeking

banned
35k what? What currency?

And please don't use bold and large font. It makes it look like you're yelling. Normal type font is acceptable.

wolfeking

banned
That is about $550 USD, so you are looking at something like:

Intel Core i3-2100
Gigabyte Z77-D3H
or
AMD FX4300
Gigabyte 970 or 990 based board.

4-8GB of DDR3
500GB-1TB Hard Drive.
500 Watt PSU from OCZ, Antec, Corsair, or the like.
maybe a 7750 GPU.
Case
DVD Rom drive
Windows OS or Linux OS.

I don't know any Indian Distributors right off hand to check prices where you are though.

pushkar

That is about $550 USD, so you are looking at something like:

Intel Core i3-2100
Gigabyte Z77-D3H
or
AMD FX4300
Gigabyte 970 or 990 based board.

4-8GB of DDR3
500GB-1TB Hard Drive.
500 Watt PSU from OCZ, Antec, Corsair, or the like.
maybe a 7750 GPU.
Case
DVD Rom drive
Windows OS or Linux OS.

I don't know any Indian Distributors right off hand to check prices where you are though.
Ram & Hard disk is which one is good ? means for ram like transcend or Kingston or another? same for hard disk?

wolfeking

banned
hard drives: Seagate, samsung, and western digital.
RAM: Kingston, Patriot, Geil, G.skill, Samsung, corsiar and crucial

spynoodle

Ram & Hard disk is which one is good ? means for ram like transcend or Kingston or another? same for hard disk?
I would personally go with a Western Digital hard disk. You have a lot of options when it comes to RAM; I personally prefer Crucial, although Kingston, G-Skill, Corsair, Patriot, and Mushkin are also all good.

spirit

Staff member
I use G.Skill RAM and Western Digital hard drives and I like them. I have also used Crucial RAM and Seagate hard drives, also good usually.

Twiki

How do you plan to use your computer? Are you a gamer or a casual net browser or whatever?

Also where will you'll be getting your parts?