Asus Eee 1001pxd,W7 install18.5hrs & still counting

cracker2

I got this netbook used,was listed as parts or repair.The cable that went from the mobo to the side connections board was reveresed.I turned it around & walah,screen came one & it ran fine.The drive was wiped,no data on it.
It seems fine but the OS install,I never had one take this long.I installed it on another computer just to make sure the usb was fine & it is.
I inspected everything in the netbook before installing,everything is clean.No burnt smells,blown caps etc.
Edit:Its just now on the last section,completing installation

Last edited:

jamesd1981

It would be pretty slow it has an intel atom cpu which are terrible, I had one in a mini itx machine and it was awful.

The speed of the machine will also depend on memory and type of hard drive.

cracker2

The HDD is toast.I ran it with HDD regenerator,scan & bad sector repair(didn't have any).A lil over half the drive had delays.I lost count at 25,876 delays lol.Only took 3hrs to scan it.I tried to do the regenerate range mode.Its at 0.84% with 84,210 delays after running 36hrs 43mins.
I bet the seller swapped HDDs lol.Ahwell,still got a good deal on it though for $30 shipped.

strollin

Replace with an ssd instead of a spinner and it will work very nicely. The Atom may not be the fastest cpu out there but it's perfectly usable for surfing the web, email, word processing, etc...

I have an older Acer netbook with a 1.6ghz N270 Atom and 1.5G RAM. I put a 64G ssd in it and it runs either XP or Win 7 very well. I'm about to install Win 8 on it to see how well that works.

FuryRosewood

yea...no install will take that long, ran a install on p4s with a gig of ram and at most it took 90 min... with updates probably lookin at 4 hours. bum harddrive sounds right