Asus - Some letters not working on keyboard

Hi Guys,

I have an Asus K55A laptop and I turned it on today and i've noticed a few of the keys aren't working - 90% of them are working, but the W, R, U, keys aren't.

I have tried an external keyboard and it seems to be working fine with that, I have ran spyware tests and virus scans and nothing has been found, also updated the bios and still not working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

tremmor

Suspect a bad connection at the ribbon cable. you will have to pretty much take apart.
pull and reseat the cable.

Will check it out, just noticed also: I can't seem to get into the bios or safe mode - tried F2, F8, F10, F12, DEL etc but nothing happening. Running windows 8, theres nothing comes up at the start saying press such or such for bios or boot menu etc. Nothing is there - doesn't matter what I press it just goes straight to logging into my account.

Any ideas why?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It's tricky to get into the BIOS on a Windows 8 computer. You need to turn it on and immediately start pressing DEL or F2 to get in.

As far as your keyboard is concerned, try reseating it like Tremmor said. If that doesn't do it, you'll need to order a new keyboard.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Just get the model number off it and stick it in eBay. You should be able to get a new one for $15 or so.

spirit

Staff member
Yup, I think a replacement keyboard is in order. You can get them very cheaply and they're not too difficult to fit.

I'm sure you can download a manual from ASUS' website if you haven't already got one.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Yup, I think a replacement keyboard is in order. You can get them very cheaply and they're not too difficult to fit.

I'm sure you can download a manual from ASUS' website if you haven't already got one.

He already took the old one out to reseat it, so he doesn't need a manual.