Asus X51RL laptop install windows XP

bratsos

I got a already used notebook asus for 230 euro without any warranty...

I clean up it...
( http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...624110169118.156226.1446156016&type=3&theater ).
I put new thermal paste + upgrade CPU.

Asus X51RL is the model.

The issue is simple, cannot install windows XP.

I try windows xp sp2 home, windows xp sp3 pro. Got nothing. :(

After install the first part of windows XP (create a hole new clear partition, full format disk, setup windows files, reboot to continue setup...)
I saw a blue screen finaly of windows setup XP say something for BIOS update... :eek:
On windows Vista or Win7 all ok, only a issue remain:
After a complete clear install of windows 7, appear from nothing the logo welcome screen (after loading windwos 7) prompt for user password...
But the welcome screen have the logo of asus... :eek:
How there find it, if hard disk complete format and no internet connection and setup a clear win 7 :confused: ?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
XP won't install because the laptop is most likely running in AHCI mode and xp don't have ahci drivers included with it. If you say you have installed windows 7 but you have no internet connection, then you need to install the correct network drivers and all others to get the hardware working correctly.

bratsos

Just after a new creation partition of full hard disk space and full format, and install a clear windows 7.

How find the OEM asus logo welcome screen after windows load ?
Normally after a clear install in welcome screen show the logo of windows 7, and not of OEM asus logo welcome screen...
I has cut internet access in laptop. So where in the neck, find the OEM picture of Asus ?

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Asus logo screen only comes on when you boot the pc. It doesn't appear after windows 7 loads. Unless you are talking about the Asus dekstop wallpaper?

bratsos

I have already linux back track 5 sr1 and linux ubuntu server...

Im using ubuntu basicaly for my private server mmorpg (go google and search : bratsos wizard).

Linux is a free O.S but no easily like windows ...
eg : If you want to install without the wizard of ubuntu (update manager), you know sometimes how many steps and commands you need to write ? xD

And about some games, such half-life 2 or age of empires 3, can be run aftert some steps in to a linux system, but much much slower than windows sytem.

Because linux no have DirectX platform. And nVIDIA and ATI no care, so much about linux drivers with full support 3D engine...

And about my Asus laptop, happen and in some others guys with similiars happenings...

So the only good explaination is somewhere in tiny BIOS have and some "OEM" info about Asus ... :(

And by the way is a way to bypass "AHCI mode" (sata mode) and somehow make it visible such IDE mode ?

But asus laptop bios is to small. No give me many choices.
Either no Temps no have installed in BIOS, and im using asus utility to watch out of temps... from windows.
The only usefull options is to shutdown the welcome screen and sound when open my computer and show the BIOS american megatrens info...
Before load windows 7 (And after load in welcome screen, appear the logo welcome of asus, ask me for my current password, to enter windows)

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
All newer laptops run in ahci mode, if there is no bios setting to change it to IDE then you will not be able to install XP without doing some research to see if you can find the sata driver and all other drivers needed. There may not even be XP drivers available if the hardware is too new.

bratsos

Hi folks, i manage to install windowsXP by my self...

The only i used is a original windows CD of windows XP and nothing else.

Im no used "custom cd" or "nlite" or any driver download....

The only i do, is to disable the ACPI support of windows XP before load the setup welcome screen :)