Asus?

fallenph

good afternoon
im looking for a good gaming laptop and i was wonder what asus you would prefer i was looking at the asus g72gx-a1 looking for second opinions or any comments thank you for your time :D

Flaring Afro

^ There's a huge price difference though. The g72 is only $1k. If he can afford it the g73 would be great, but the i7 isn't really needed for gaming.

The g72 has the same specs as mine so it will be the same results (the ssd doesn't affect gaming, besides load times).

Last edited:

wag 42

Actually, the G72GX-A1 goes for the same price as the G73JH-A1. Of course, that depends on where you price it out (xoticpc-both are $1645). Nothing against the G72, but I would jump all over the G73-it's a pure powerhouse!

wag 42

^ I would guess he saw the g72 at best buy though, at best buy it is $999.

Yeah, that one is really a good deal. I have been thinking about that one for my son. I was at best buy today, checking it out (amongst other things). I noticed his post was for the G72GX-A1, so at the same price point (about $1650), i'd definetly grab the G73JH-A1 (if you can get your hands on one).

Flaring Afro

It's cheaper at best buy, but it has my specs. The one on amazon has one of the first quads that came out. The G73 is a much better deal than the amazon g72 but the core2duo isnt a slow processor and is fine if you are on a budget for a gaming laptop.