audio in to audio out

harry clemance

is there anyway of turning a audio in into an audio out? its a simple on-board sound card in a inspiron 1720 and the audio out is broken, i was wondering if i could use the audio in as an audio out?

TekMaster

I don't think so, it's in the circuitry. You would have to modify the circuit board itself I believe

turbodiesel

No you can not that will not work

like TeKmaster said if you really want to do it then you need to edit the circuit board.

you could always pick up a cheap one on ebay

TekMaster

Get a usb sound card, or usb headphones

Good point. Also, you could get a decent set of USB portable laptop speakers too. I actually have Logitech v20s hooked up right now, they have great sound quality for what they are. (plus I use SRS audio soundbox, that's not the point here. they sound great without it)

PhotonCrasher

Hmm not to hijack is thread or anything but would it be possible to swap the mic cable and the headset cable on the front panel round on the mobo headers?

PhotonCrasher

i mean thewires that come from the audio jack and mic jack on the front of the case and go into the headers on the mother board, cant i just swap the wires around? so the mic plug go into the audio out plug? or will it not work?

MMM

i mean thewires that come from the audio jack and mic jack on the front of the case and go into the headers on the mother board, cant i just swap the wires around? so the mic plug go into the audio out plug? or will it not work?
Should work as they use the same sockets.
Give it a try, no harm.

harry clemance

I disordered a headphone jack from an old comp sound card I had in the loft and soldered it to the sound card in the laptop and now workes fine :) I expected to break it but as I had a USB sound card (that I am still going to use) I thought I would give it a go.