AVG AntiVirus???

eldonaguirre

With AVG does it always say an internal virus was released on date w.e (1 day ago)?? Cuz for me it seems its always saying that and i was wandering if it jus does that so you get like "premium AVG" or w.e (u know what i mean)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would highly suggest uninstalling AVG and install Avast instead. Doesn't nag you or anything.

I'm a fan of Microsoft Security Essentials, but Avast is supposed to be pretty good, also. MSE isn't resource intensive at all and when it's scanning, you don't even know it.

spirit

Staff member
Avast Free or MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) are two very good free products. Choose one or the other, I'd probably recommend Avast Free over MSE but MSE has a much tidier UI and no advertising, whereas Avast Free (like most free AV programs) does have advertising, but it won't annoy you or pop-up at you.

ARVI

AVG is memory intensive due to its ever populating size, it will slow you computer down these days and it is highly recommended to no longer use AVG and switch to either MSE or Avast. You will see a massive improvement in performance on any system, I no some people will argue the case but I suggest you try first and you can thank me later ;)

Jamebonds1

I would highly suggest uninstalling AVG and install Avast instead. Doesn't nag you or anything.

Agree, Avast work really good and it help clean my laptop.

With AVG does it always say an internal virus was released on date w.e (1 day ago)?? Cuz for me it seems its always saying that and i was wandering if it jus does that so you get like "premium AVG" or w.e (u know what i mean)

I wouldn't using AVG if I were you. It is not stable program. It used a lot of memory RAM.

spirit

Staff member
I am a avery big fan of AVG :D no ads or nothing for me! i highly recommend.
IIRC you have the AVG Internet Security don't you? if so, that's why there's no ads for you. The free edition definitely has ads.