Back Up Program

mrgooey

I want to have a backup program that will backup when my computer can't start. My recovery mode is not even useful. It forces (unless you want to burn on a 6 DVD) you to format the whole drive. Is there a program where i will save a backup on my HD and use it when my PC dosent works? Thx

colt1911

I use Acronis True Image and back it up to one of my external hard drives. With True Image you can even make a boot recovery disk just in case your unable to boot the pc.

terii

For this I use a old program called Drive Image. You cannot get it now as it was the main competitor to Norton Ghost so Norton bought the company and shut it down. I run two hard drives and image my main drive to a file on the second drive. This has saved my bacon many times. It takes 20 minutes to reimage the main drive and I can go again. Also you have to save your data independatly as the image you create is only good to the date you wrote it. The only drawback is that it is a complete image and you cannot recover just one file etc. For my purposes it works great.

You may want to Google Drive Image 2002 and see if there are any copies out there.

tremmor

I also use Acronis image. You need a minimum of a partition, another internal hd or as suggested an external hd. i have both. Acronis works good but so does Ghost.