Bad bandwidth for streaming

nipp

Hello!! So recently i tried to check how my PC can tolerate a live stream on twitch. Note that i dont have a gpu but integrated graphics. I thought that i will have fps drops but the video was pretty okay. The problem was that i had bad bandwidth from obs and streamlabs. I have 100mbps fiber and the upload speed is 8-10 mbps. If i set my bitrate on obs more than 2000 the stream lags a lot. Do you think that this problem has to do with the cpu as i put lot of "pressure" on it or the internet which is pretty weird to me as people with the same upload and download speed can stream normally?

CPU: ryzen 5 5600G RAM: Corsair 16GB 3200Mhz SSD: Samsung 970 evo plus 1T

beers

Staff member
I'd check out your resource utilization during that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 100% while stuttering.

nipp

I'd check out your resource utilization during that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 100% while stuttering.
if you mean the task manager's system resources my gpu is on 100%, cpu 38%-45% and memory 54%. I just wanna see if the problem is the lack of a GPU because i'm planning to buy one anyways, but if it is the internet then even buying one is not gonna change anything to my streaming, so basicaly i cannot stream :(

nipp

It's odd that you continue to blame your internet.
So you think its the pc? Because i did a little test with a friend we are on the same country. This guy had 50mbps DLS internet (so obviously lower upload speed than mine) and could stream with 3500 mbps, his bandwidth on twitch was pretty okay and it was so weird to us that I with fiber and 10mbps upload have 1500mbps-2000mbps bandwidth on twitch. To me its not my wifi but my pc idkkk

Intel_man

VIP Member
obs streaming is quite demanding on the gpu depending on what settings you use.

Based on your analysis of comparing to your friend's build... which has a slower internet and a GPU, but doesn't have bad lag/stuttering in your obs stream. I'm going to point at the lack of a dGPU as the main culprit.

nipp

obs streaming is quite demanding on the gpu depending on what settings you use.

Based on your analysis of comparing to your friend's build... which has a slower internet and a GPU, but doesn't have bad lag/stuttering in your obs stream. I'm going to point at the lack of a dGPU as the main culprit.
Thank you very much! I'll update everyone is some months that i'm gonna get my gpu in case someone has a same problem!!! Many thanks to everyone again!!!