Bandwidth Monitor

davidireland

Hi All,

Does anybody know of any good software for bandwidth monitoring on a router. I'm living with a couple buddies and if we go over a 95 gigs (which isnt a lot for us) then we get charged OUTRAGEOUS rates per MB. I would like a way to monitor bandwidth consumption for each PC (wireless and LAN) in the event we go over. Then we can know who pays :)

Ive done some googe-ing looking for a good program but I'm not sure on this because I've yet to explore this type of software.

Thanks,
David

brycematheson712

Does that software also record other PC's bandwidth usage on a network? I'm looking for the same thing as well. I can easily track my own, I'm more worried about what other people are using.

7angofragger

if you could find a computer to put between the router and the clients, you could just use the computer management snap in via administrative tools... plus you could install a firewall on it and it would be more secure...

Macky

or try to install software that can detect ip and other computers site that's being logged inor visited. in this manner you can who's been doing video streaming or some kind of torrent DLs.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Set up a softwall to monitor it, enable QoS in your router, or run a client based app like little snitch and calculate the amount of packets being sent/received, or get a new ISP.