Battlefield 3 freeze up.

Darkserge

Only Battlefield 3 cause my sound and screen freeze up three times already. Alt+Ctrl+Del don't work, have to turn it off and back on. I got free download battlefield 3 from order new Gigabyte Video Card. I do not know where the display setting for Battlefield 3. So what cause my computer freeze up? Thanks.

Other games like Skyrim and Civilzation 5 works fine.

Ankur

I'm having issues in mp with an Asus GTX 570. I can play fine for 10 minutes and then it starts to slow down and eventually freeze. Sp works just fine, I'm confused.

I think 4 GB RAM is just not enough for BF3, you will need more than that. My RAM gets max out in BF3 around 3.8 GB used.

claptonman

That should not cause the symptoms he's describing. It'll just not use as much. And depends on what settings he plays at.

Ankur

I assumed JLuchinski freezes and comes out of the game. Some time when I switch weapons, squads, deploy very very fast then what happens is I freeze up and come out of the game.
Also some times when I use tanks or vehicals and switch very faster between weapons and use many controls in a fast way, then I fall below the ground and eventually come out of the game probably because of buffer overflow (Only in MP). I noticed this when my RAM gets full. Power supply also could be an issue.

Darkserge

What make and model of power supply do you have?

Corsair TX 650W power supply.

And my 570 works perfectly. Update your drivers. What temps are you getting?

Mine is version: 295.73 Videocard is 36C,(standerd clocking, overclocking make no different) My cpu is 47C.(overclocking)

I assumed JLuchinski freezes and comes out of the game. Some time when I switch weapons, squads, deploy very very fast then what happens is I freeze up and come out of the game.
Also some times when I use tanks or vehicals and switch very faster between weapons and use many controls in a fast way, then I fall below the ground and eventually come out of the game probably because of buffer overflow (Only in MP). I noticed this when my RAM gets full. Power supply also could be an issue.

Just like it happen to me, but both of graphic and sound freeze up. It work better on lower players than max of 64 players.

Dont forget guys. I am running 32 bits which it read 3.5 GB rams max.

Last edited:

Darkserge

I updated my video driver to 296.10, and took me 3 hours to download a new 1.5 GB patches for battlefield 3. I tried on 64 players maps. Few times my screen got lock up and lost sounds for a second, then back to normal.

mtb211

I had the same exact problem and I have a similar card... I have to look at my signature to find out which card I have... when I get home I will look on my pc ... I wrote down instructions on how to stop the freezing/crashing