Battlefield 3 Thread

mtb211

jeez, is anyone else spending 20 minutes trying to find a server that is not full? this web based layout is confusing

SuperDuperMe

Yeah its not just you i have the same problem as well, i search for most player servers and there usually like 5 64 player servers then obviously it goes down and down, then it starts at 64 players again and so on.

Why dont they just put it completely in order :/

salvage-this

I just check my preferences to servers that have 1-5 slots open. Usually takes me 3 or so tries then I am in a server.

JLuchinski

Just finished the SP campaign, that was fricken awesome. Agreed that it could of been longer but it was like a nice long action movie. On to MP now.

SuperDuperMe

what happened to being able to blow holes in the floor to create tank traps and trenches :/

What a load of BS, i tried it before and alls that happens is the floor goes brown/black.

Aastii

VIP Member
what happened to being able to blow holes in the floor to create tank traps and trenches :/

What a load of BS, i tried it before and alls that happens is the floor goes brown/black.

I have found that destruction is much lower than I expected. From demos of the engine, there were entire buildings getting destroyed, but no matter how much I RPG some, they don't budge, even if the wall next to them, made of the same material, has just got pop.

Guess it isn't perfect. I was online last night though with 4 clan members (sucks you can't make your own squads and that you can only have 4 in a squad -.-) and had so much fun. Every single game we played we carried like hell.

However, has anyone noticed how awful Metro is when playing Conquest?

linkin

VIP Member
Metro is the most horrible map for conquest. Especially with only 3 points. It's just spawn and die the whole map.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got a feeling that some of the games features are not fully enabled yet same with the graphics settings...
When switching between "High" and "Ultra" settings looks no different to me.

The game really needs tweaking up though,64 servers have been really laggy for me even though the origin browser reports the server to have a good ping, So I try and stick to 32 player rounds.

PohTayToez

I have found that destruction is much lower than I expected. From demos of the engine, there were entire buildings getting destroyed, but no matter how much I RPG some, they don't budge, even if the wall next to them, made of the same material, has just got pop.

Guess it isn't perfect. I was online last night though with 4 clan members (sucks you can't make your own squads and that you can only have 4 in a squad -.-) and had so much fun. Every single game we played we carried like hell.

However, has anyone noticed how awful Metro is when playing Conquest?

The damage seems a little buggy... some walls won't go down unless you hit them in the right spot. Full buildings will come down though if enough damage is done, and it usually kills everyone inside.

SuperDuperMe

I have yet to see the destruction promised :/

But dice have said back to karkand will introduce a lot more for that map pack.

I used to love sending building down on top of people.

@Aastii, im sick of all the kids playing all the chat thing seems to be filled with is noob this or noob that, then youve got the idiots that dont take points and just camp at one point.

Iv not had much fun tonight because my team were morons, they were too busy keeping on top of k/d rather than winning :/

but i geuss that what we have to deal with until they all bugger off to mw3 :p