Battlefield 3 Thread

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Loving Wake Island so far,Was my favorite map in BF2...i just wish it was more like the one in BF2 though as its not so tropical and sunny anymore....still a good map though.

Not tried Gulf of Oman yet.

Ankur

I just love Gulf of Oman and Strike at Karkand, it has lots of buildings to destroy, but sadly most of them cannot be destroyed completely, only walls can be.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Today was the first time I've opened Origin since I downloaded BF3. I have a 3.9GB update to download :(

jackpeter20

I hope this isn't as crappy (offline) as Bad Company was. I also hope they don't spend more time over hyping the game only to lead into another COD type title. I am starting to lose faith in game companies.

1337dingo

installed and downloaded it last night, will play this arvo, my origin id is l337dingo and will say my name (mitchell jenkins) so yeah add us ay

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Is anyone else blown away by Strike at Karkand? It was my absolute favorite map in BF2, and I'm loving it in BF2. Only weird part was that they got rid of the 3rd spawn point on the island. Other than that the map is SO much better than any new BF3 maps.

linkin

VIP Member
Yes I'm loving it. I'm not liking Sharqi Peninsula though. The attack choppers can see eachother from spawn, the US one has a height advantage, and both can shoot eachother before they even get off the ground if they have gunners.

Ankur

I am looking out for the Engineer Service star 5 now. I have checked out other three classes but really missed the SMAW and RPG in it. I think I will finish BF3 as an Engineer lol.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
didyouknowthat said:
Is anyone else blown away by Strike at Karkand? It was my absolute favorite map in BF2, and I'm loving it in BF2. Only weird part was that they got rid of the 3rd spawn point on the island. Other than that the map is SO much better than any new BF3 maps.
I like the map "Gulf of Oman",Because it has quite a few high rise buildings that are perfect for Sniping and also a treat to lock onto tanks using the Javelin from up there too. :D

Not sure on Wake island atm,Its a nice map but i think some things need tweaking.
Is it me or does Wake island in BF3 seem alot smaller?

Also anyone else getting a spawn menu bug where you cant choose a class,change weapons or spawn...happened to me several times on the new maps.

claptonman

Also anyone else getting a spawn menu bug where you cant choose a class,change weapons or spawn...happened to me several times on the new maps.

For the maps where the other team has all the spawns, you have to have a point in order to spawn after your team captures a point, or be in a squad.

JLuchinski

Yeah I still have no idea what to do. I have over clocked and under clocked, changed my voltages but still, the game freezes after 5 to 10 minutes of game play. Does any one else with a GTX 580 have the same problem?

claptonman

Try this.

Right click on command prompt and choose run as admin. Then type in:

bcdedit /set incr******erVa 3072

(for some reason, CF is blocking that... its increase User VA without spaces.)

Then hit enter. Fixed the crashing for me.

mrjack

VIP Member
Anybody else use the semi-automatic fire mode almost exclusively? I just wish that you could switch immediately between full- and semi-automatic for weapons with full-, semi-automatic and burst. The fact that you have to go via burst has gotten me killed a few times when suddenly faced with an enemy in CQC. Luckily it's not a problem with two of my favorite weapons, the M416 and G3A3.

EDIT: Should I report a guy I encountered in a match tonight? His stats at the end of the match were 115 kills and 3 deaths. Not impossible to get by being smart about hiding, having medics revive you etc. However he also pulled off some insane things. For example he killed me when I was on the third floor in one of the buildings near the Russian deployment zone. He did this by jumping from the ground floor level to the road, spinning 180° and shooting me with the M249 whilst in the air when I would have been barely visible at the window since I was engaged in CQC with a guy coming up the stairs.

I saved the link to the stats of the match as well as checking his stats on BF3Stats.com. He has a lovely 61 kill streak. And no, his stats don't suggest that he's been playing as a careful sniper.

Based on where he is from and the PBBans statistics, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cheating.

Last edited:

Ankur

^I have seen lots of people like that, one had knife kills more than 5000, lol how is that possible I don't even have 3000 Gun kills. I also saw a guy with kill streak over 180. . . lol. It is surely hacking, these servers may not have PB I think.

I have put some servers on favorites where admins are present all time and where base raping are also not allowed. I have seen lots of base raping on Karkand maps.

linkin

VIP Member
^I have seen lots of people like that, one had knife kills more than 5000, lol how is that possible I don't even have 3000 Gun kills. I also saw a guy with kill streak over 180. . . lol. It is surely hacking, these servers may not have PB I think.

I have put some servers on favorites where admins are present all time and where base raping are also not allowed. I have seen lots of base raping on Karkand maps.

Typical BF2 veteran style gameplay :p