BenQ DQ60 Problems

Cbeck527

I bought a BenQ DQ60 - OEM off newegg. It arrived on time but when i went to put it in my new system, i was missing the ide cable that would connect it to my motherboard. Since I didnt have any, i used one from an old crappy computer that I have for years. It installed windows fine. After installing windows, it was time to install the drivers for all of my components. When i tried to do that, none of my cds would run in the drive. Today, I got the latest firmware and upgraded that, but it still does not work. When i put the cd in, nothing happens but when I click on it in my computer, it just locks up.

Is it dead??
Is there anything I forgot to do?

tractorboy

I had purchased the same drive from the same place, it is a junk drive. It is a rebranded TEAC drive, not up to the quality of BENQ at all. Mine would burn crappy DVD5 ( 4.7gig) would not burn DOUBLE LAYER at all. Used 10 DL media.
I went to Newegg ( who I still buy all my hardware from, they are great)
there is an RMA email address send them an email that you want a refund or exchange. They gave me a FULL refund and paid $6 for my shipping back.
This is what I got will do DL all day long
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827136071
also the NEC 3550A is good to, the plextors are good, they are like double the price , also LaCie is good.

Cbeck527

thanks for your help, but i found out what was wrong. Apparently, one of the ide pins was bent so that when i went to put it in, it was not touching.

thanks for your help!

tractorboy

Now burn a DL dvd or a dvd5, especially the DL. If you do not beleive they are a bad design , go to cdfreaks.com and look around the forum.