best and cheapest copy of iphone

nathan32111

it seems that their are cheaper versions of the iphone from different brands and i was wondering what it the cheapest phone that does practically the same as the iphone.:confused:
such as...
-gps
-free internet browsing
-mp3 player
ect ect
i dont know much about iphones because i dont have one so correct me if im wrong.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
it seems that their are cheaper versions of the iphone from different brands and i was wondering what it the cheapest phone that does practically the same as the iphone.:confused:

That's what is called a knock-off. Apple is the only company that manufactures the iPhone.

But if you want a good smartphone for cheap, look into an Android phone. What cell carrier do you have?

And if you really want a cheap iPhone, the 3G and 3GS are still good iPhones.

nathan32111

What cell carrier do you have?
And if you really want a cheap iPhone, the 3G and 3GS are still good iPhones.

sorry what does cell carrier mean??

can the 3g and the 3gs do pretty much the same as the newer models such as been able to openly search the web, google maps, games and play music ect?
[btw is searching the web free?]

Last edited:

wolfeking

banned
the cell carrier is the company that provides your service. Like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile or such.

Searching the web on i phone takes data. Most companies require a data plan with most smartphones. An unlimited data plan on T-mobile is only $20 extra, so the data plan is not that bad.

Method9

That's what is called a knock-off. Apple is the only company that manufactures the iPhone. . .

This. The only thing in common with those "different" kinds of iPhones is that they look nearly identical from the outside.

Maybe when you wrote "iPhone" did you mean "smart phone?" iPhone is a type of smart phone.

If your question is, "What is the cheapest smart phone with similar features to the iPhone?" then that is a whole different ball game.

Troncoso

VIP Member
the cell carrier is the company that provides your service. Like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile or such.

Searching the web on i phone takes data. Most companies require a data plan with most smartphones. An unlimited data plan on T-mobile is only $20 extra, so the data plan is not that bad.

Unless his profile lies, he is from New Zealand so it's gonna be different over there.

EDIT: and dude you live in Madison? I'm like an hour away!

nathan32111

If your question is, "What is the cheapest smart phone with similar features to the iPhone?" then that is a whole different ball game.

sorry... thats what i meant to say
but ive noticed the the Ipod touch has free web searching, is there any way to get it free from something cheaper?
it doesn't necessarily have to be a cell phone.

ooh and my cell carrier or provider is iver Vodaphone or Telecom

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
sorry... thats what i meant to say
but ive noticed the the Ipod touch has free web searching, is there any way to get it free from something cheaper?
it doesn't necessarily have to be a cell phone.

ooh and my cell carrier or provider is iver Vodaphone or Telecom

The iPod touch works off WiFi. If you are in range of a wireless hotspot, there's your internet. If you're in the middle of nowhere with no WiFi, then no internet.

wolfeking

banned
Unless his profile lies, he is from New Zealand so it's gonna be different over there.

EDIT: and dude you live in Madison? I'm like an hour away!

I never even noticed that. Even though, he will need a Data plan to access the internet and get apps and such.

Yea, Well In Mayodan (they touch). What part of the state/ VA are you in?