Best Anti-Virus Program For Gaming Rig

LooN3y

I'm building a gaming rig, whats the best anti virus program for it?

also i download a lot of mix tapes, so theres danger of viruses in that (mix tapes are free but their still downloaded the same way as pirated studio albums i.e. media fire, zshare, etc etc)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
There is not one program out there today that is full proof to catch every virus/malware/rogue infection. New infections come out on a daily basis and unless that program already has the infections definitions already in its database, its not gonna catch it. Basically all that's needed is common sense, but if you are going to be downloading stuff like, you will get infected, just a matter of when.

Russ88765

I been using AVG for years, but it's a good idea to use it alongside apps like MalwareBytes and CCleaner.

Darren

Staff member
I have used both Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials. I would recommend the latter. It's very small yet powerful. I've yet to have any problems and it runs a scan everyday and I never notice a performance decrease. I normally don't even know it's going on.

Honestly though AVG, Avast, MSE are your bests bets. Make sure to get Malware Bytes as a good tool for removing issues should they arise. CCleaner also keeps your computer running well and defrag at least every 2 weeks to keep in good performance.

Paying for an AntiVirus is pretty much pointless with several good free offerings.

PS: One thing I like about MSE is that it works very well with 7 since it is made by Microsoft. I honestly don't know why it wasn't included with 7...