Best Card?

ATCPandemic

Well in basic terms, I mostly play videogames/photo edit/video edit at 1920x1080 on my 23inch monitor, my 8800GTS 640MB used to be amazing but now, i can feel its starting to....i dont need to continue.
-Anyway for that resolution, which would be the best card, DONT RECOMMEND GTX295 SLI or anything ridiculous like that, I am not any gaming enthusiast or anything.
-I was thinking of getting another 8800gts 640mb but I dont want to deal the hassles of SLI.
-I was looking at the gtx260, gtx275, and maybe if its necessary gtx280...
For example with the game crysis which card would give me reasonable frame-rates on reasonable settings (medium-high, maybe very high) at that resolution(1920x1080). To me personally the GTX275 looks like the best "Bang for the Buck". I want your advice also please :). If you name a card please be specific as there are many different types (overclocked, superclocked, special editions....etc)
Any advice will be appreciated., Thank you :)

Bodaggit23

Any of the cards you listed would play Crysis very well.

It just depends on your budget. Get the best card you can afford.

smoothjk

Personally, I would get the GTX275. You seem to be leaning that way anyway. It should absolutely own at that resolution.

Then again, you said you're not a gaming enthusiast, which means the 275 would probably be overkill. If you're not shooting for maxed out settings in every game, the 260 will be more than enough.

ATCPandemic

Hmm...interesting, a GTx275 would be good for 1920x1080 at crysis? Thats really good because I was kind of concerned about it. Well I will probably go with the GTX260 becuase I dont really need a card to "own" crysis high settings and possible medium settings would do so I think a GTX260 would do good for me. Also...There are many GTX260 versions...I saw a certain one with 216 cores instead of 192...would 216 vs 192 give me much benefit in crysis? In addition should I get a super clocked or factory over-clocked version or just a basic normal GTX260...I mean either of these cards is a huge jump from my card which has only 92 cores, even a cheap gtx260 is over double the cores of my 8800gts. So which do you think I should get assuming I will go with a GTX260 because GTX275 seems a bit to overkill for my expectations and resolution.

Bodaggit23

So which do you think I should get assuming I will go with a GTX260 because GTX275 seems a bit to overkill for my expectations and resolution.
This card has a Lifetime Warranty.

Same card I have and I can play Crysis on Very High settings at 30-40 fps.
I don't run the max resolution though. Close though. It looks amazing.

EVGA 896-P3-1258-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SSC Edition
$209.99 after $30.00 Mail-In Rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130441

ATCPandemic

alright...so you have the more expensive gtx260 with 216 cores instead of 192. Thats something to think about, I will have to look at benchmark differences for those two different types. And which resolution do you play exactly??????

ATCPandemic

1280x800? hmm, so you think a GTX260 will handle 1920x1080 at medium to high settings? i cant play anything below the native resolution because the picture quality sucks if you dont use the highest possible resolution for some reason. If it cant, say so becuase then I wont waste money on a card that still wont do that well, I will just in that case go for gtx275 :)

kookooshortman55

Are you actually looking to play Crysis, or are you just asking for a card that is capable of playing it, in terms of performance? I can tell you that any of the GTX cards that you mentioned would play great on any other game. The only problem game would be Crysis, which can be heavily modded. I'm running Crysis on high settings, 2XAA, at 1680x1050, but I modded the high settings to look like very high settings, and I get an average of 30 fps. And this is the only game I need to worry about. And this is on an 8800GT, you can't go wrong with any of those choices.

ATCPandemic

Well in that case I am most likley going to get a GTX260. If a gtx260 can handle crysis at 1920x1080 on medium settings with some high settings and no AA then i am fine with that.

kookooshortman55

Well in that case I am most likley going to get a GTX260. If a gtx260 can handle crysis at 1920x1080 on medium settings with some high settings and no AA then i am fine with that.

Update the thread when you get your card, I can post you a link to some Crysis tweaks. It is a highly tweakable game. I can guarantee it will run on at least high, depending on your processor. The better card you get, the more you need to consider your processor, what is your CPU? (If it's stated above then nevermind, I can't check from this reply window haha.)