Best firewall

psaila

I have NOD32 and Prevx1 installed on my computer and it seems that I do not have a firewall. At least this is what windows is telling me. Could you tell me which firewall do you suggest? I tried to install zone allarm but before the installation it says that this program conflicts with prevx1 and that I need to uninstall prevx1 to install zone alarm.

Arawn

Hi,

I had problems with Free Zonelarm. It is to slow with scanner.
I could not play Counter Strike.

For resolve this problem, I had installed Kerio Firewall.
Now, I don't have problems for playing.

ar.

SirKenin

banned
It has been thoroughly beaten into the ground that a third party firewall is unnecessary if you have all the other protections in place.

I would ignore any advice to install a third party firewall (and yes, I can back it up if I have to, but I have plenty to do at the moment). Absolute worst case scenario get an old cheap computer and put smoothwall on it.

goosy22

It has been thoroughly beaten into the ground that a third party firewall is unnecessary if you have all the other protections in place.

I would ignore any advice to install a third party firewall (and yes, I can back it up if I have to, but I have plenty to do at the moment). Absolute worst case scenario get an old cheap computer and put smoothwall on it.

could you explain why you feel this way, SirKenin?