Best free webhosting?

JamieHoult

hi all :),

i was wondering if any knows the best choice for free web hosting that uses cpanel and gives unlimited email etc?

please advice :)

Jamie

lucasbytegenius

x10 Hosting isn't too bad, and Helio Host is faster, but has been prone to a lot of downtime lately, which should be fixed soon, once they get their second server.
In my opinion, free web hosting just sucks, and going with a $5 a month plan from HostGator was the best decision I made.

ThatITGuy

In my opinion, free web hosting just sucks, and going with a $5 a month plan from HostGator was the best decision I made.

In my opinion the worst company to go with is HostGator.

I had a reseller plan & when their Acura server went down for nearly a week my customers were far from impressed.

No ETA nor any reliable correspondence either - in fact HG were just plain rude.

I could never recommend them again based on past experiences.

lucasbytegenius

In my opinion the worst company to go with is HostGator.

I had a reseller plan & when their Acura server went down for nearly a week my customers were far from impressed.

No ETA nor any reliable correspondence either - in fact HG were just plain rude.

I could never recommend them again based on past experiences.

Hmm, well, I can't say anything to counter that, other than I haven't had a problem. They have high ratings, however. I made sure before it was chosen.

sshaggy

For free hosting, go for x10hosting.com. But since you mentioned email based hosting, I would suggest configuring your emails via google apps. With google apps free edition, you'll get 50 email accounts, which is quite decent considering the fact that you'll be getting reliability backed up by google.

bvleb96

I would never use any free web hosting mainly because they could take your website down without notice. You may never get your website back so make sure you backup your website before using a free web host. I have heard stories of people losing their entire website when using a free host.