Best Gaming Computer Build For 1k

DarkJokerX

I was just wondering what some of your builds would be if you were going to build a gaming computer with $1,000. This is just the computer no keyboard, mouse, monitor, or speakers. All I ask is that it has Windows Vista what ever version you see best fit for the build.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I didn't even recognize you INTELCRAZY. :D

Nice build.

Woah, the avatar threw me off too :D

Edit: Darn, without my graphics card/monitor/keyboard mouse i spent ~$900 on my rig in sig. Sucks knowing what you could have had a month later :mad: lol

Last edited:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I will have to change that to something more unique and attention grabbing, lol. What do you guys think of these builds?

I like them about, the intel build has a better motherboard but a 320mb gts. While the amd build has a decent mobo and a 640mb gts :) "give a little take a little"

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I would personally go for the DS3 and e6550, but the X2 build is just as powerful.. obviously lacks the overclocking potential but the X2 has the faster on-die memory controller so... I would be psyched to own either of these Rigs. :D

Edit: didn't notice the 640mb on the AMD build, that makes it much harder to choose, better mobo and a super overclock, or the better video card.. :/

Last edited:
I would personally go for the DS3 and e6550, but the X2 build is just as powerful.. obviously lacks the overclocking potential but the X2 has the faster on-die memory controller so... I would be psyched to own either of these Rigs. :D

Depends on the processor choice, I am an Intel guy, "how did you guess?" I would go with the Intel but, if he likes AMD......he likes AMD, lol.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I would personaly get the 5600 over the 6000 due to multipliers, voltage, wattage (if you were to get a amd build). From what i have seen people cant overclock the 6000 much more that 3.1-3.2 while others have clocked the 5600+ to 3.3-3.5, i have mine at 3.33:)

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Depends on the processor choice, I am an Intel guy, "how did you guess?" I would go with the Intel but, if he likes AMD......he likes AMD, lol.

lol, i would have never guessed :p

i have no preference i just ended up with amd.... not sure how but it happend lol

I would personaly get the 5600 over the 6000 due to multipliers, voltage, wattage (if you were to get a amd build). From what i have seen people cant overclock the 6000 much more that 3.1-3.2 while others have clocked the 5600+ to 3.3-3.5, i have mine at 3.33:)

Hmm....true but what if he's not an OC'er, surely he would have the know-how to change the CPU choice at his own discretion, if he is an OC'er. He knows what he likes, he needs to reply to us in detail of what his use is .

DarkJokerX

I have always used AMD but my friends are telling me to go with a Intel CPU for this build. I did not plan on OCing but I may depending on what I get in the end.

Vestitor

Well if you don't plan on OCing than the AMD 6000 seems to be a much better choice sense it comes at 3.0Ghz.. And you would have to overclock the Intel to get it's full potential..