Best PDA Phones?????????

I-KILLED-U

Its this Thread in the right Section? well anyways,

Can someone point out some of the best PDA phones out there? Im trying to upgrade phone.

Last edited:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Palm treos, touchscreen. I have owned the 650 and am currently with the 680, thousands of apps and mods for palm os. I'll never buy anything else :)

But thats from my personal experience, ill never buy windows mobile or a non-touchscreen phone :) IMO of course

Interested

hey, i have the 8125, which i modified the software on, and its AMAZING!

search in google : Cingular 8125 / HTC Wizard (unbranded)

lovely?

well good luck with your palm fetish thatguy, current speculations show that palm is on a steep drop-out, their stocks are soo low nearly down 20% i think

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Ok, stock has nothing to do with the phone quality. I could care less if they get bought out as long as i like the phone :rolleyes:.

Now back on topic, from what i have read i was tempted to get the 8125 also

Interested

Ok, stock has nothing to do with the phone quality. I could care less if they get bought out as long as i like the phone :rolleyes:.

Now back on topic, from what i have read i was tempted to get the 8125 also

yea, its great, during a field trip i was on it surfing CF lol...

Interested

t-mobile wing is like my phone (8125) which is really good, and the sidekick is a little kids text piece of crap.

bigsaucybob

I have had the Palm Treo 650 and the Cingular 8125.

I can't stand Windows Mobile, I will never buy another one of those again.

The Treo, had some serious freezing problems. And yes, I have had more than one and it happened on all three of them.

Now I am using the Blackberry Curve, best phone I have ever used.

The T-Mobile Sidekick is more directed to the teenager market. It is a well designed phone with many features, but its interface would be very annoying to anyone older.

rars222

I'm looking to upgrade my Treo 650 and was looking at the Treo 755 P thru Verizon. I have to stay w/ Verizon b/c it's the best reception in my area.

Anyone have an opinion on the 755P? I know they just came out.

Do most of you share the frustrations of Windows Mobile? I was considering switching over to that, but not getting warm and fuzzies from your posts.

Tx.

axgrinder73

I just got a HTC PPC6800 with windows mobile 6. This is my first PDA phone so I don't have anything to compare to but I DO NOT like the OS (mainly the internet explorer).

First of all, IE garbles most websites and that makes it hard to read.

Then, there is no flash support for ver 6 IE. So, you can't view youtube videos or any other site that is run on flash.

I have been reading about some work arounds but haven't been able to get any of them to work.

Are these issues the same with the Palm OS?

Interested

I just got a HTC PPC6800 with windows mobile 6. This is my first PDA phone so I don't have anything to compare to but I DO NOT like the OS (mainly the internet explorer).

First of all, IE garbles most websites and that makes it hard to read.

Then, there is no flash support for ver 6 IE. So, you can't view youtube videos or any other site that is run on flash.

I have been reading about some work arounds but haven't been able to get any of them to work.

Are these issues the same with the Palm OS?

yes.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Only way on palm OS to stream videos is whith "kinoma player" and it does work well. For the internet i use opera mini, works great also. Just like windows, with some 3rd party apps... anything is possible :p