Best quiet videocard?

Christian0710

Hey, i am looking for a videocard that can play new heavy games and at the same time runs quietly. What i mean by that is, i want to be able to read and study on my computer without being able to hear it.

Any suggestions?

Christian

drdallon

Hey, i am looking for a videocard that can play new heavy games and at the same time runs quietly. What i mean by that is, i want to be able to read and study on my computer without being able to hear it.

Any suggestions?

Christian

I bought a GTX 260 back in January. It can be very loud when you turn the fan speed to 100%, on the flipside at 30% you cant hear it hardly. Its a very powerful card that will run all new games for the next few years like a dream! I would totally advise it.

PS: use the EVGA precision tuner to lower its Fan speeds(and OC it as well), it makes OCing and changing the fan speeds VERY simple!

drdallon

Oh something if forgot. You can save profiles for your OCs with EVGA precision tuner. So you can make one that is your max OC with 100% fanspeed, one that is regular and one that is "quiet mode". I have it set up that way. This makes for easy and quick changes for anything you want to do. I wouldnt advise dropping the fanspeed below 30% i noticed it start heating up when it idled at under 30% fanspeed.

viper110110

Lennovo DVD seems pretty good.
clear.gif

yes definately...

WHAT?!?

anyways, a GTX 260 would be a good buy. I just bought a GTS 250 and without any extra programs, I can barely hear it when I am not playing games but it sounds like a train when I do play games.

Fatback

VIP Member
I think the first thing we need to know is what is you budget. Honestly there is no such thing as a modern graphics card that is silent. You can lower the fan speed but that will cause the card to get hotter. If you won't a silent computer the case is what is going to play the biggest factor. There are cases that are meant to be silent.

lovely?

if you dont mind it, i suggest waiting for the ATI 5870 instead of buying right now. these video cards out currently are underpowered compared to what is coming.