Best way to sell a Desktop computer

James^.^

I'm trying to sell my computer on ebay and was wondering what the best way to do it was.

Could I possibly make more money selling it part by part than by selling the whole thing?

Specifications:

Q6600
2 512mb hd4870's
p45 mobo
800 watt non modular psu
500gb 7200rpm hdd
200gb 7200rpm hdd

deanj20

I recommend Craigslist. You may get more part for part instead of the whole setup - but what is the "whole setup" and how much do you want? I'd rather sell everything at one time...

James^.^

well I bought it all for about $1500 so... if I could get that back that would be awesome. You know all that manual labor I put into building it has to cost something lol.

deanj20

You're not going to get $1500, so let's throw that right out the window. ;)

If you ask me, it breaks down like this:

Q660: $190 new
512mb hd4870: $140x2=$280 new
p45 mobo: $100 new
800 watt non modular psu: $140 new
500GB 7200 RPM HDD: $60 new
200GB 7200 RPM HDD: $40 new
Total new: $850
Nobody will care about your labor. We'll call it $900 even if you throw in the mouse, keyboard and case... plus shipping yadda yadda yadda, we'll call it $1000 flat.
Since it's all "barely" used, you still have to throw in a discount, so at 75% I'd say you could get $750? Maybe. Big maybe.

Others may disagree, but that's the way I see it...

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
You're not going to get full price back. The moment you buy something from a store its value depreciates dramatically. The transfer of hands also voids many warranties.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
You'd probably get about the same from selling it part by part then by selling it as a package. So, for your ease of shipping, I'd sell it as one unit, although you can probably get rid of the parts quicker by selling the stuff separately, maybe... And I definitely agree that you won't get nearly what you spent on it brand new, as deanj20 said, you could probably get close to the total amount of the parts if you advertise it as "free assembly".