Bing search engine

peter912

Which is it? The taskbar is at the bottom of your screen. The address bar is in your browser window. Change your search engine to whatever you wish in I assume Google Chrome.
It is in both locations. Does it pose any risk, should I get rid of it ? How would I delete it ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, in your browser just change your search engine to whatever you want. I would have to see your task bar because i don't have what you are talking about.

However, if its inside the search bar. then right click on taskbar, click on search, disable search highlights to get rid of bing.

peter912

As I said, in your browser just change your search engine to whatever you want. I would have to see your task bar because i don't have what you are talking about.

However, if its inside the search bar. then right click on taskbar, click on search, disable search highlights to get rid of bing.
Actually, it is outside the search bar, upper corner, at the edge of the monitor

Bing is Google's latest search engine, so I am wondering if it is even necessary to delete it ?

I have already wasted too much time and was unable to revert back to the original Google search engine.
It is in both locations. Does it pose any risk, should I get rid of it ? How would I delete it ?

peter912

John, I have Microsoft Edge as my browser . If using Microsoft Edge how does one change their search engine ? I want to go back to Google from Bing or do you feel that I should just stay with Bing ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
John, I have Microsoft Edge as my browser
So why didn't you include that in your original post? This is why I requested the damn screenshot, you would have gotten your all your answers 2 days ago. You kept saying google and bing. I assumed you meant you were using Google chrome as your browser. That Bing icon is actually called Discover in Microsoft Edge.

To get rid of it, please follow the instructions on this page. It does work, I just did it. You must follow everything it tells you to do as it involves editing the registry. There is supposedly another way but it doesn't work for me on 2 different machines.

To change from Bing to google for your search engine, do this.

peter912

So why didn't you include that in your original post? This is why I requested the damn screenshot, you would have gotten your all your answers 2 days ago. You kept saying google and bing. I assumed you meant you were using Google chrome as your browser. That Bing icon is actually called Discover in Microsoft Edge.

To get rid of it, please follow the instructions on this page. It does work, I just did it. You must follow everything it tells you to do as it involves editing the registry. There is supposedly another way but it doesn't work for me on 2 different machines.

To change from Bing to google for your search engine, do this.
Is there a simpler way of removing the bing-chat-discover button ? You mention another way .