Biostar Tpower i45

scooter

banned
Hey, I guess it depends on the price of the board compared to others with the same specs.

Certainly looks like it has many features..

One thing..it is an ati x-fire board so if you want to use 2 gpu's you'll need to get 2 ati cards.

If you only want the one card you can use your current 8000-series.

Noir

well im trying to upgrade my cpu to E8400 and OC it, but likely my current mb doesn't natively support 45nm processor and im afraid there will be a compatibility problem even on the official website it says that the mb im using support E8400 through bios ver 16.
so just trying to grab a new mb as well.

Cabanaboy

I am currently running the Tpower I45 and like it alot. I am having a Hard drive issue but I believe it is a bad hard drive rather than a buggy SATA controller. The color scheme of the board leaves something left to be desired if you are looking for a show off rig. Mine has a side view but with the 9800GTX+ and 8GB of RAM, you don't get to see much of the clownish colors. I put it together and it ran, which is more than I can say for BOTH of the ASUS boards that were supposed to be holding my rig together. Lastly, the add on CPU cooling rig has a little fan on it that went dead after 4 weeks of use, but that's a 10$ fix when I get off my lazy rear to fix it.

I am just starting to study up on how to OC, but I imagine my choke point will be RAM rather than anything else I have. It is only PC6400, though my board states it can take up to 1333 (same speed as the E8500 I have on it).