Black Ops Is Dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russb

I dont know if it can be turned off but if you tk 5 times in the match you are
kicked and i think it is built into the game.

ModernMind

I think that with about 95% of the games released anymore. Reason I been scooping the games I do like (but wouldn't pay premium for) off ebay for $5 a piece lol. Plus if I screw the company over MAYBE they will start making better games once their milking strategy fails.

I am afraid that milking strategies will not fail so easily. Also the above poster about blizzard does not realise that he is too a victim of blizzard's milking strategy :)

Okedokey

Can tk not be turned off, or have they made it like MW2 where they couldn't be arsed to put the options in to have it off on hardcore? If the latter, that is just plain stupid. The majority of hardcore servers on the other CoD games had no tk on, so what made Activision think that hardcore immediately mean you must have teamkilling is beyond me. Goes to show exactly how much they listen to and care about their community

Of course you can turn friendly fire on or off.

The game is beating every record in the book, its quality although most issues are due to insufficient computing hardware. Yes there were bugs, but do you remember how many other games, and verisons of COD had bugs. Not a big deal.

I always laugh at people who make a comment about a game they don't own and probably rarely (if at all) have played.

russb

If TK can be turned then its down to the people who rent the server so i have no chance.Never mind as i'm getting very bored with the game and looking for something else.

Okedokey

If TK can be turned then its down to the people who rent the server so i have no chance.Never mind as i'm getting very bored with the game and looking for something else.

Again, have you played it? It appears not.

The game servers can be filtred to show FF in the following states, ON, OFF, SHARED, REFLECT. What more could you want? Non issue.

russb

I have put in 246 hours for this game so yes i have played it.I only play on my clans servers and they have TK so i cannot turn it off.I am just passing on my opinion of the game which i am entittled to do.How many hours have you put in.

Bigfella you want to read all the posts not just the recent ones.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Of course you can turn friendly fire on or off.

The game is beating every record in the book, its quality although most issues are due to insufficient computing hardware. Yes there were bugs, but do you remember how many other games, and verisons of COD had bugs. Not a big deal.

I always laugh at people who make a comment about a game they don't own and probably rarely (if at all) have played.

I agree with the majority that it is an awful rehash of every other CoD game. I do not own the game, I wasn't going to because from the past CoD games, it is obvious it would just be a remake with input from the community ignored and so many jokes of decisions just to make money (and look what happened ;)), but that does not mean I haven't played it. I have put in a hell of a lot of hours with friends and at competitions, and my opinion hasn't changed in the slightest.

When it was released and people with what would be regarded as high end systems were getting lag, it wasn't insufficient hardware, it was insufficient time into making a game playable, that for a fair number of people, still isn't playable

Troncoso

VIP Member
I agree with the majority that it is an awful rehash of every other CoD game. I do not own the game, I wasn't going to because from the past CoD games, it is obvious it would just be a remake with input from the community ignored and so many jokes of decisions just to make money (and look what happened ;)), but that does not mean I haven't played it. I have put in a hell of a lot of hours with friends and at competitions, and my opinion hasn't changed in the slightest.

When it was released and people with what would be regarded as high end systems were getting lag, it wasn't insufficient hardware, it was insufficient time into making a game playable, that for a fair number of people, still isn't playable

tell me aastii, are you looking forward to modern warefare 3?

Aastii

VIP Member
tell me aastii, are you looking forward to modern warefare 3?

Not particularly.

If there are dedicated servers with the server files readily available so you aren't forced to use a single provider, if they support the mod community, if they put pb back in so you don't have to have it bound to your Steam account and aren't stuck with VAC, if they get rid of the arcadey-ness of it, if they make the single player less far-fetched, if they make the sounds half decent and not like they are in blops, if they focus more on gameplay rather than customisability, if they get rid of ridiculous perks such as marathon where you can sprint non-stop (and they claim it is realistic :rolleyes:), I may show a bit of interest, but even so, won't buy it until I know what it is like from other people's comments. Even then though, if the general consensus is it is a good game, but the same as CoD4/MW2, I won't be buying it, I already have both, I still like CoD4, so what is the point in buying a game that I have already, just in a different form, that is still played by thousands every day?

Most importantly though, not from a gameplay standpoint, but from principles - if it is more expensive than most other games, just because it is CoD, and if Activision continue their trend of treating their customers like crap, I won't be buying it even if it is the best game ever. The only way I would buy it then is preowned.

Dystopia

I don't get what everyone's gripe about the game is. Campaign is OK. Nothing special I guess. I really like zombie mode, but of course, I never played WaW. Split-screen multi-player is more MW/MW2. But I love the online gaming. Love it.

Dystopia

Sucks your life away.....that is why I don't play them anymore. Plus back then they were hard, now they are super easy and they encourage people to play more because it is about time spent playing rather than skill.

Agreed, for example, my friend who played 36 hours straight when the last expansion came out, just to get to the top level...

Okedokey

Seriously people, if you don't like it don't play it. But, at present it plays like a dream. Smooth not bugs, not glitches, not lag (ping of 50 mostly) and no network issues and now 5 new maps for a measly amount of money. What do you want?

I mean shit, are you guys that tight ass that 100 bucks is make or break. How many of you smoke, drink etc I bet you spend WAY more than that a week. Ive spent over 300 hrs on it during weekends etc, that about 30c an hour and diminishing. you guys a cheap little mofos eh

But back to the OP, black ops is certainly not dead. Way more players than any other game. Those who dis, are in the minority.

Last edited:

russb

Thats why they have given this weekend as double XP because they are trying to get people to play the game as so many have given up and gone onto better games.My opinion which i am entitled to express,thank you.:D

Aastii

VIP Member
But back to the OP, black ops is certainly not dead. Way more players than any other game. Those who dis, are in the minority.

http://www.xfire.com/games/#

More than any other game eh :rolleyes:. For the first couple of weeks it was hundreds of thousands of hours a day played and that number sharply dropped because the majority realised how awful the game is

You are the only person I know that has actually enjoyed the game. Everyone I know that has it all have the same opinion - biggest mistake buy ever, the rest that didn't buy it (who have at least tried it) all express the same opinion as well - thank god I didn't buy it.

It is just churning out the same old crap, only worse than before. Whether it is actually worse or whether people are finally realising that the CoD franchise, in the way it is now, is a one trick pony that is showing its age, I don't know, but either way, you are in the minority in liking the game

Aastii

VIP Member
Thanks for that Aastii maybe people will begin to see the reason i started this post.:D

honestly mate, if people like it, good for them, but hopefully, after this sham of a game the majority of people that bought it will realise, as they should have after MW2, that CoD has gone down the hole and not get it because getting it is just saying "I'm happy for you to carry on making games like this" and it is dropping the quality of games even further

Okedokey

What? I also have an opinion and try and back it up with facts. You started this thread with an intention RUs, but unfortunately only emotion is on your side. Only yesterday it was declared the highest selling game on PS3 ever.

http://www.xfire.com/games/#
You are the only person I know that has actually enjoyed the game.

Thats just opinion mate. Im not sure why you posted that link Aasati. The call of duty franchie takes 4 of the top 10 spots at 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th in terms of hours played. The only differnce between BLOPS (6th) and BBC2 (5th) is less than 200 hours total essentially 1 person (probably you). I mean thats your evidence of an abandoned game? LOL the only games above COD at all is WOW, Starcraft II and Leauge of Legends. Not exactly great games, and if you think any of those are better than BLOPS you should uninstall windows now. And for their genre, COD franchines clearly owns the FPS>

Shattering its own day-one sales record, Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced that Treyarch’s highly-anticipated Call of Duty®: Black Ops has become the biggest entertainment launch ever with an estimated sell-through of approximately $360 million in North America and the United Kingdom alone in the first 24 hours of its release, as compared to last year’s estimated day-one sell-through of $310 million for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare® 2 in North America and the United Kingdom, according to internal Activision estimates.

http://www.redmondpie.com/call-of-d...les-records-is-the-fastest-selling-game-ever/

If there was a big drop off Aasati, prove it. I don't see empty servers, in fact many are full 24/7. The DLC will break more records i am sure, and this will prove my point.

Again, if you don't like COD, don't buy it. But making rediculous threads about it is stupid. Especially when the facts don't support your views. I am not saying the game is perfect, but a few months after release with patches (like all other games) it is fine. It runs freakin sweet on my machine as does other games that I enjoy.
Keep to facts boys, the rest is subjective emotion.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
What? This is not opinon. Only yesterday it was declared the highest selling game on PS3 ever.

Thats just opinion mate. Im not sure why you posted that link Aasati. The call of duty franchie takes 4 of the top 10 spots at 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th in terms of hours played. The only differnce between BLOPS (6th) and BBC2 (8th) is less than 200 hours total essentially 1 person (probably you). I mean thats your evidence of an abandoned game? LOL the only games above COD at all is WOW, Starcraft II and Leauge of Legends. Not exactly great games, and if you think any of those are better than BLOPS you should uninstall windows now. And for their genre, COD franchines clearly owns the FPS>

Keep to facts boys, the rest is subjective emotion.

Highest in money made, not highest in units. Activision pulled this before with MW2 claiming that it was the highest selling game ever on Xbox and PS3, when no, it isn't, it just made more money because they charged more per unit. I should point out, I am aware of the statement Activision made (which they did not back up with figures, they may as well have said the sky is pink because they have no proof), it is the same one they made with MW2, which, as I said, referred to income, not units, but they worded it to seem like they meant otherwise.

And I didn't say the CoD franchise is dieing. The 2 games in the top 5, CoD2 and CoD4 are good games, MW2 and BLOPs just aren't, again, so say the majority of PC gamers (Xfire is a measure of PC before you say I am missing out console gamers in that statement).

And in case you hadn't noticed, that isn't a full time played, that is at the latest refresh. The trend stays the same in positions, however BLOPs is usually tens of thousands behind the next above, not a few hundred by the end of the day.

My evidence is that (And I believe somewhere, not in this thread, I called this before release) for the first month or two, BLOPs took second place from CoD4, and since then has been dropping further and further down because the gamers have been saying "sack wasting my time playing this" and reverted to good ol' CoD4 and 2.

I don't disagree that, for now, CoD holds the FPS market pretty strongly, but that is set to change vey soon because people are already getting annoyed at Activisions lack of passion and awful, money grabbing business model.

Finally, you said "Keep to facts boys, the rest is subjective emotion.", but just before that said

the only games above COD at all is WOW, Starcraft II and Leauge of Legends. Not exactly great games, and if you think any of those are better than BLOPS you should uninstall windows now

You can't just miss out games and massage the results to suit what you are saying. Some gamers dropped off those games for a short period to try CoD, even though they are a different type of gamer that play those fantasy/tactic sort of games generally, but quickly reverted back because it was more of the same old crap.

Last edited:

Okedokey

The PS3 selling record is on units not sales. NOthing above supports the title of this thread. So you are suggesting the highest selling entertainment release (not just games, but movies and everything), is only becuase they sold it for i higher cost. LOL Show me empirical data - else it didn't happen. I have shown you some facts, you can deny them however you like, and yes, you proabably have a point about sales figures vs units, but hey, its not like their selling it for anything above market price. This thread is nonsense.

Last edited:

russb

Bigfellla ( But making rediculous threads about it is stupid. Especially when the facts don't support your views ) if you look at the servers anytime of the day 99% are empty that is a fact you cannot get away from why because no one is playing the game.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.