black screen at start-up

craneop1985

Just recently when I push the power button-it says-'loading Asus express gate"-like it always has-but then it goes to a black screen instead of the motherboard flash screen-not sure if this is a motherboard issue or a video card issue. I usually have either push the reset button or hold the power switch and then restart the system again. Motherboard is one in sig.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to access the bios before that screen pops up and disable express gate.

craneop1985

it was neither one---monitor is going out--have to cycle it off and on a couple of times each morning to get it to stay on-hopefully it will last a few more weeks---or I'll have to dig out an old CRT monitor.

chamgamer

it was neither one---monitor is going out--have to cycle it off and on a couple of times each morning to get it to stay on-hopefully it will last a few more weeks---or I'll have to dig out an old CRT monitor.

Have you ever tried to use your warranty or go to the technician?

craneop1985

found the receipt when I bought it---one year factory warranty plus bought a 2 year extended warranty----ran out on Feb 2,2011---bummer--just my luck. Will hopefully be able to get new one in a couple weeks.