Budget Banter

Concordedly

So with the recent issues I've had with my desktop, I've come to grips with the fact that soon I'm going to have to buy a new PC. I've stuck a bandaid on what seems to be the inevitable demise of my computing experience.

I'm looking for advice on the amount of money I should spend on a PC that can do the following:

Play WoW on max settings with stable 50-60 FPS; minimum 40 FPS during raids.
Play League of Legends on max settings with 30+ FPS
Would like to have room to upgrade if my needs ever change (Options for up to 16GB RAM, etc) if it's not necessary to have this for my current needs.
Quad-core is obviously a must, if for no other reason to say I have a quad-core :D
One optical drive will be plenty, don't use 'em but usually to install Windows.

Let me know with how much you think I should spend, I'm a noob and will either overdo it or be a cheapskate and underdo it. :(

Edit: P.S. a cool case with a colored internal light for frills would be nice :p (Not necessary I guess ((Okay meme here)) lol)

Last edited:

FuryRosewood

Get a Intel CPU, thats all i can suggest. WoW leans on your cpu a fair bit, and with a amd phenom ii x4, i was seeing too many dips, but with the i7 i have now, and a gtx460, i manage a steady 60 fps with slight dips regardless of me being in stormwind or wherever. Not certain on other games but i did notice the cpu made a major impact on how my gpu was utilized.