Budget Gaming Build (Canada)

Gyllz

Hey guys, I'm building a computer for a friend. I'm an amateur and I only build computers for myself and friends once in a while. Therefore I'm out of the loop on what's good and whatnot.

Needs to be as cheap as possible, but it's for gaming.
Prices need to be done in Canadian.
I'm open to other sites, but I only use NCIX since it's a local company and has always been good to me.

Here is my build.

Case: Xigmatek MachIII
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K
Mobo: ASUS a68hm mATX
GPU: MSI Radeon R7 370
RAM: g-skill 2x4gb 1600
PSU: Cooler Master Elite V2 550w
HDD: Toshiba 1tb
Optical: Does it matter?

Laquer Head

Yeah, I am. Sounds good, I'll look into those.

Yah, look around, Memory Express only charges $8.99 for shipping anywhere in Canada on orders under 50 lbs. pretty nice when you order a whole bunch of parts and the shipping is dirt cheap!!

Gyllz

I looked at both Newegg and Memory Express and neither was cheaper. In fact for the processor and video card it was considerably more. Even if you discount sales, it's the same or cheaper at NCIX. This could be just for the few items I looked at, but I think it's safe to assume NCIX is still my best option since I can simply pick up the parts for free if I don't want to ship.

Laquer Head

I looked at both Newegg and Memory Express and neither was cheaper. In fact for the processor and video card it was considerably more. Even if you discount sales, it's the same or cheaper at NCIX. This could be just for the few items I looked at, but I think it's safe to assume NCIX is still my best option since I can simply pick up the parts for free if I don't want to ship.

Fair enough man, that is why its crucial to shop around!