Buget Gaming Rig Guidence

DeViL wh0

Hey guys, with the upcoming release of ABP and Starcraft 2 I decided its about time to build a new pc(i have been a mac head for the past 3 years). It would be straight gaming, nothing less, nothing more. I'm looking for the best possible set up for about $700 to $900. Now one thing that I really wanted in this build was an i5 but I wanted to get some feedback on AMDs these days. My last build was an AMD based desktop that over heated and crashed constantly. Any help is appreciated, I will post up some of the things i have been looking at later tonight after I get home from work.

salvage-this

I think you can get a good build with an i5 and that budget. On the AMD side of things, I have had no problems with my cpu. I haven't heard of many either.

Do you have a monitor, keyboard, os? or are you starting completely from scratch?

DeViL wh0

I think you can get a good build with an i5 and that budget. On the AMD side of things, I have had no problems with my cpu. I haven't heard of many either.

Do you have a monitor, keyboard, os? or are you starting completely from scratch?

I have a monitor, key boards are common in my house, and the OS i can get from school.

mihir

VIP Member
The phenom is undoubtedly a really good processor but I wouldnt go for it if I can go for an Intel i5 750.

mihir

VIP Member
-AMD Phenom II X4 635 (AM3, 2.9GHz)
-ASROCK N68C-S UCC Motherboard
-(Corsair) 4096MB DDR3 1333MHz / PC3-10666
-Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive
-ATi Radeon (HIS) HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
-LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW SATA - DL Writer
Compared to the build I made
No comparison in CPU,Memory,PSU quality,Hard Drive
and definately no comparison with the GPU