Build a laptop

biscuits

I was in the laptop market for a high speed powerful laptop but the more i customized the laptops the more pricy they got so I thought that I may build one myself although I've never build a laptop from scratch but have made a desktop by watching a youtube video. Although I couldn't find a laptop building video. My main problem is where do i find the shell, gpu, motherboard and how to connect it. I know that parts can be bought on newegg as thats where i built my desktop so does anyone have a guide to build a laptop? budget is around 1500$ otherwise i'll just buy a lenovo w520

Mishkin

As far as I know you CAN build a laptop, but probably is far from worth it unless your main goal is the actual building of it. Just a few of the negatives would be availability of parts, prices, and a good chance that it will turn out bigger than a pre-built.

In short -- when it comes to laptops, pre-built/OEM is basically the only option, as well as the best option. Building laptops just isn't really done, and for good reason.

FuryRosewood

get one of the 15 inch sony vaios with the extended battery on bottom...between the two may be able to get 10+ hours battery, has a switchable graphics option between a intel graphics system and a radeon

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834127577

Power

Battery
Internal Lithium Polymer Battery + Sheet Lithium Polymer Battery (4400mAh + 4400mAh) id say that should be overkill espically with the integrated chipset

Last edited: