buying a new comp?

JT1

hy
im thinking of getting a new tower as my current tower had a heart attack and completly shutdown it cant even boot up for a minute, anyways i was thinking of getting this tower FUJITSU SIEMENS SCENIC X102 TOWER PC, but i dont know if its any good, i have never owned a company made pc so i would never know, so any thoughts on the PC?

thanks in advance :good:

IBEPCWIZ

Description: Model ID VFY:SCED102-01LXD / Fujitsu Siemens SCENIC Edition X102 - Micro tower - 1 x Celeron D 330 2.66 GHz - RAM 256 MB - HD 1 x 40 GB - DVD - LAN EN, Fast EN - SuSE Linux 9.1 Personal Edition - Monitor : none / Fujitsu Siemens Computers presents its basic cost-effective professional

Not much there.... What do you want to do with it? ITs not really up to par with doing any gameing but if your just wanting to surf the web and stuff it would work...

JT1

i will be using it for word processing, surfing, general use really but i will want to install adobe photoshop, flash and dreamweaver on it (dunno if it will cope) also i only want to last between 1 - 2 years really also i will upgrade thr hdd as i have a spare IDE lying around somewhere

bm23

i will be using it for word processing, surfing, general use really but i will want to install adobe photoshop, flash and dreamweaver on it (dunno if it will cope) also i only want to last between 1 - 2 years really also i will upgrade thr hdd as i have a spare IDE lying around somewhere

with that specs, i dont think the computer would be able to cope so well with those adobe softwares

pfig88

If you have DAYS to wait for Adobe to even load the INSTALLER, go ahead, but this thing won't run it.

Bodaggit23

With a bit more RAM it would probably be fine, but it's got Linux on it?

Can you install Photoshop on a Linux box?

thandakid

banned
With a bit more RAM it would probably be fine, but it's got Linux on it?

Can you install Photoshop on a Linux box?

Using windows emulator you can but with that config ..............

Well you dont want to go there so basically no you cant

Last edited:

JT1

is the cpu to slow or would i just need extra ram sticks? i have some DDR-400 Ram sticks and was wondering if i can use them, the mobo is Abit SiS 964L but i think the ram already installed is DDR-333, could i used both DDR-400 and DDR-333 at the same time?

sorry if thats a lot of questions, thanks in advance :good: :)