Cable Modem Problems

Taven

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted here. I haven't been spending as much time with computers as I used to but I'm getting back in the game, haha. I just subscribed to Comcast and am getting cable internet from them. I didn't want to lease a cable modem because I heard that they weren't very good modems and I would really rather have my own. I chose a Motorola Surfboard for this application and connected everything and that brings us to my problem. I have several lights, or places where lights should be, rather, on the front of my modem: Power, Receive, Send, Online, PC connectivity, and a standby light. when I plug everything up I get a solid power light and the receive light begins flashing. The receive light will turn solid so the blinking moves on to the send light. This one won't turn solid, it just blinks, and blinks, and blinks. I just reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows so I'm basically running this on a new computer and I don't know what could be causing this. Does anyone have any information or solutions they could toss my way?

thanks, Taven