Cables

cal808

This might sound like a stupid question, but I am going to build my own computer and I would like to know the cable needed to link up everything will be supplied with the components.

thanks

JTM

This might sound like a stupid question, but I am going to build my own computer and I would like to know the cable needed to link up everything will be supplied with the components.

thanks

It all depends, OEM items most likely will not. The item description should tell you whether or not they are included.

jevery

Motherboards typicaly have a number of SATA cables so you really shouldn't need much else. If you're the tidy type, you might need some extension cables to get the wiring where you want it, but you won't know until you get there. :)

danthrax

Your Power Supply connects to everything in the case (mobo, gpu, hdd (ssd), disk drive, etc...) and it should have all the cables you need running right out of it. Many times, the harnesses are even nicely labeled for you!

BillOhio

Any tips on what to do with the extra cables coming out of the PSU? Just hide 'em as best you can?

Also, to the OP, if it helps you can find some vids on Youtube about hooking up the cables. I've never wired a PC, and haven't bought all of my parts, but I do have the PSU and checking a few vids gave an idea of what to expect.

Microtomer

I've never wired a PC, and haven't bought all of my parts, but I do have the PSU and checking a few vids gave an idea of what to expect.

Also, each motherboard has headers in slightly different locations but the manual should have a diagram showing where all the wires go.

elobire

Any tips on what to do with the extra cables coming out of the PSU? Just hide 'em as best you can?

Also, to the OP, if it helps you can find some vids on Youtube about hooking up the cables. I've never wired a PC, and haven't bought all of my parts, but I do have the PSU and checking a few vids gave an idea of what to expect.

just keep the extra cables tidy and out of the way of fans, dont cut them off you may need them.
also their are some good videos by thenewboston on youtube that tells you how to connect eveything up.

danthrax

just keep the extra cables tidy and out of the way of fans, dont cut them off you may need them.
also their are some good videos by thenewboston on youtube that tells you how to connect eveything up.

Yeah just zip-tie the extra cables up and don't be worried when you have extras, you will almost always have unused connectors since PSUs provide you with connections for multiple HDD etc...

jevery

No, don't buy any additional cables. You should have everything needed to get the build running. During your build you might find that a longer cable or and extension cable would be useful, especialy if you're concerned with the aesthetics of your wiring, but you won't know which cable, (if any), until you're actually doing the wiring.