Can a GTX 650 TI 2GB can run on a 430W Psu

mtbdownhill

Im about to buy a new video card but theres a problem...
Im having a small 430W power supplie and the GTX recommends 450W... I actually dont know if it would be okay when running on ultra graphics on GTA or other games... I dont want my computer to shut down every time i play high graphic games...

THanks for the help

Darkserge

Hard to tell, I would upgrade power supply, because power supply is the most important of all and I wouldn't mess around with right on the edge of limit.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What is the exact make and model of power supply you have? I would recommend at least a corsair cx500 for any type of gaming video card.

mtbdownhill

What is the exact make and model of power supply you have? I would recommend at least a corsair cx500 for any type of gaming video card.

Thermaltake TR2 W0070 430W...

I orderred a HD7850 2GB Gddr5 and it says a minimum of 500W required... What i'm gonna do is keep the same psu and if my pc restart i'll upgrade the psu... Good idea? And sorry for my grammar and idiot questions i'm french.

Okedokey

Thermaltake TR2 W0070 430W...

I orderred a HD7850 2GB Gddr5 and it says a minimum of 500W required... What i'm gonna do is keep the same psu and if my pc restart i'll upgrade the psu... Good idea? And sorry for my grammar and idiot questions i'm french.

The worst idea ever. If your PSU fails, it can take out not only your new GPU but your motherboard, cpu and ram, not to mention HDD corruptions etc.

Bad idea.