Can i OverClock my Set-up?

teamhex

In my Sig thats my setup. Can i overclock on this? If so how(be specific i know theres different ways to do it).

oscaryu1

VIP Member
4GB is a bit of an overkill.. but if you really want to. Yes you can overclock, and these days its the BIOS ones. Change your MHz and your ready to go. Get good cooling devices too

ADE

banned
4GB of RAM will only work on a 64 BIT OS. if you don't have a 64 bit you will only see 3.25GB

Geoff

VIP Member
Vista Ultimate isnt 64bit?
oh lol. didn't see ultimate.
They make both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista Ultimate. Which do you have?

Well i cant in the bios its greyed out i mean unless theres a way to disable it.
In some motherboards you need to enable manual control or press a certain key combo to gain access to the controls. I dont see why you can't change them since yours isnt an OEM-type board.

teamhex

I run 32 bit Vista. I assume the 64 bit is for AMD's?
Where would i find how to access that? Also OC does void my warrenty right? If so how will they know i OC'd it?

frost02

32 bit and 64 bit arent prejudice to processors. lol.. anyway 3.2 is already good enough dont you think?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
So 1 gig of ram wont be seen... Sometimes in certain motherboards the manufacturer of the motherboards will make a overclocking utility for you to download. You can always try those softwares that let you change the FSB in your computer without starting... SoftFSB or seomthing.

Geoff

VIP Member
You should have gotten the 64-Bit version, because now when you want to use more then ~3GB of RAM, you will need to buy Vista again.

And no, a 64-Bit OS is for any processor thats 64-bit compatible, such as the newer P4's, Pentium D's, Core (2) Duo's, and others.

teamhex

Well this OS was given to me so i might consider upgrading if going from 32 to 64 will improve performance.