can I upgrade my current PC?

Knunez

hey guys I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to upgrade this PC
(my current PC)

case: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Desktop-Processor-LightScribe/dp/B000BC2FUK and I know that I could just post this link to show you the entire PC but I thought it would be easier for you guys to just see the specs listed out individualy.

MOBO: ASUS PTGD-LA (HP/COMPAQ mobo name:Goldfish3-GL8E)

CPU: Pentium4 516 (P) 2.93 GHz

chipset:Intel 915GV

RAM:512 MB (2 x 256)

HDD: 200gb SATA

that's all the info I could gather, THx for the help!:D

jonnyp11

found that comp on the site, says it can have 4 1gb sticks, have to be the same type as current, didn't see compatible speeds, says can take p4 w/ HT up to 3.4ghz, but doesn't mention pentium dual cores or anything, and no agp or pcie slots so no new gfx card, can't think of anything else.

Knunez

Pretty much.

Not worth spending much more on that system. Full format of the disk and reinstall of windows would help a fair lot as well.

What I was thinking of doing was Formatting that HDD and Using It in my future system for The OS and a few programs, what do you think of this idea.(it is a SATA HDD)

jonnyp11

but this is a prebuilt so he doesn't have the windows disk and since it's liscenced to the mobo it wouldn't allow him to use the hdd/os on it without buying another for 100.

linkin

VIP Member
but this is a prebuilt so he doesn't have the windows disk and since it's liscenced to the mobo it wouldn't allow him to use the hdd/os on it without buying another for 100.

Or you can call MS and get them the reactivate it for you. They are very lenient with this, I've done it many times.

jonnyp11

thought about that linkin, but thought that ms would probably shove a stick up the operators buts and all and be no help with this stuff, good thing to know.

Computernewbie

I don't think it's really worth all the trouble... You could buy a cheap one in a store, upgrade it and start anew. Or just add more ram.